Freelance Print Designer
Working with an established supplier with great high street accounts
Working with a fantastic team, based in South London
About Our Client
The Freelance Print Designer will have the opportunity to work with a high performing supplier to the UK High Street, very well known and respected within the industry.
- Conducting visual research
- Using digital rendering, painting and drawing to develop artwork and designs to be used on prints
- Working with the Head of Fabric and Development team to develop prints
- Creating artwork specs for fabric development
- Re-colouring prints, making repeats, creating lay plans for placement instructions, and other technical work within fabric development
- Working proactively and in line with our critical path, ensuring deadlines are met in a timely manner
- Graphics and Licensing.
The Successful Applicant
- Advanced knowledge of CAD packages and Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Excellent drawing, painting and composition skills
- Previous experience in print and textile design and fabric development
- An understanding of high street retailers and their design codes
- A developed understanding of fashion and market trends
- A keen eye for colour theory, print matching, composition and scale
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience working in-house at a brand is desirable but not mandatory
What's on Offer
Attractive day rate, with the ability to work part time.