- An exciting import & export shipping opportunity with a growing business!
- Excellent progression opportunities based in Leeds...
About Our Client
My client is a market leader within the road freight transport industry and helps shore up companies supply chains through their solutions. They are based in the wider Leeds area and additionally have offices based across the United Kingdom. They specialise in providing world-wide freight transport solution where others fail.
As a Road Freight Forwarder you will be required to conduct the following duties:
- Prepare European & UK based road freight transport quotes, taking bookings and dealing with general customer enquiries in a professional and timely manner, in line with our company SLA's
- Liaise with sub-contract road haulage suppliers in order to negotiate best possible rates
- Obtaining, checking and preparing documentation to meet customs and packing specifications, and compliance with other countries regulations and fiscal regimes
- Maintain and develop strong relationships with current and new customers
- Source, plan and monitor consignments, assessing any risk to targeted deadlines, and providing alternative transport solutions as a contingency option
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Road Freight Forwarder will be reporting into the Operations Manager and will ideally have the following skills and attributes:
- A strong background in road freight, ideally pan-European or Continental experience.
- Strong experience with multi-modal transport such as vans, 7.5 tons, artic vehicles.
- Able to commute within the wider Leeds area.
- Know of road freight customs clearance would be advantageous
- Previous European Freight Forwarding experience.
- Experience managing high-value account and communicating with numerous stakeholders.
- An ability to think outside the box and overcome challenges.
What's on Offer
- 10% annual company bonus
- Private healthcare + dentist