- A market-leader in global shipping & freight with P&L responsibility for £10m
- Excellent progression opportunities based in Northampton...
About Our Client
My client is a well known manufacturing and perishables freight forwarder based across the United Kingdom with an office in Leeds. They are currently experiencing large brand growth and have sites based in locations across the entire global. The business are predominantly a road based freight forwarder.
As a Freight Branch Manager, you will actively report into the company Managing Director on a daily basis and harbour the following responsibilities:
- Active daily management of a small team of 15 freight forwarders, whilst reporting into the Managing Director.
- P&L responsibility for £12 million per annum.
- Responsibility for providing all import and export based customs clearances.
- Providing fully multi-modal export freight pricing and quotations for a variety of customers across varied industries.
- Team management responsibilities such as RTW, 1-2-1's, personal development, appraisals, KPI monitoring.
- Providing support and active development of the current team, mainly around customs compliance requirements.
- A working knowledge and adaptation surrounding airway bills, seaway bills of laden, EUR1's and ATR1's.
- Working from the Northampton at least 2x days per week.
The Successful Applicant
My client is actively looking to engage a dynamic coach who can impart their passion and knowledge onto the current team. Either an upcoming Operations Manager or an established Branch Manager with strong leadership and mentoring skills would be perfect for this position as a Freight Branch Manager.
- Strong freight forwarding experience is essential for this role (ideally specialising in road freight)
- Previous experience of managing close-knit team of between 10 and 40.
- Commercially minded, with a desire to drive profitability whilst still providing outstanding customer service.
- Experience developing and lead freight forwarding teams through periods of change.
- IATA - Dangerous Goods certified.
- BIFA - Membership would be advantageous.
- ILM - Management qualified would be beneficial.
- Previous experience at a similar level within other Blue-Chip or SME forwarding businesses.
- Commutable to the Northampton two days per week.
What's on Offer
- Company car
- Bonus scheme / company equity (percentage negotiable on experience)
- Personal development plan to reach Senior Branch Manager or Director across the following 2 years