Freight Customs Compliance Manager
An exciting opportunity for an expert in air & road freight customs compliance..
Excellent potential to progress to a directorship level in the Widnes area
About Our Client
My client is a market leader in their field of freight and provide logistics services to both household names, FTSE-100 businesses and SME manufacturers. Due to the gaining of a large government grant, they are actively looking to expand their Customs Brokerage team with two new Customs Managers.
As a Freight Customs Compliance Manager you will report into the Operations Director on a daily basis and be observed as the expert in your field. You will also conduct the following responsibilities:
- To ensure full compliance (entering through to audit) of Customs Documentation for Air & Road freight shipments
- Utilising knowledge of customs tariffs, CPC codes and security declarations to ensure shipment are cleared in a timely manner.
- Support and advise customers on all international import / export requirements especially with new processes brought upon by Brexit. The ideal candidate will have a customs background in either road, air or sea freight and a good knowledge of customs systems, HMRC regimes and query resolution.
- To advise the business and generate plans to mitigate the risks and take opportunities from Brexit and other geo political and legislative change.
- To ensure the business is constantly compliant with all HMRC processes and any changes to legislation are implemented throughout the business.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Freight Customs Compliance Manager will be a leader and expert in the world of customs compliance. You will ideally have the following skills and attributes:
- 4+ years experience in Customs Compliance
- Ability to quickly clear both Road & Air Freight Shipments.
- A strong physical understanding of software such as ASM, an understanding of CPC codes, Customs Tariffs and Security Declarations.
- Freight forwarding experience would be desirable.
- Commutable to Widnes.
- An understanding of the post-Brexit environment
- Formal qualification in the Customs / Freight arena would be advantageous.
- AEO Knowledge would be desirable.
What's on Offer
- 25+8 days annual leave
- 15% management bonus scheme