- A exciting opportunity with one of the world's fastest growing freight business!
- Excellent potential to grow within import & export customs compliance...
About Our Client
My client is one of the countries largest privately owned freight forwarders based in Telford. The business has ambitious grow plans to rapidly expand into new markets over the coming decade, with large scale investment from a private entrepreneur.
As an Freight & Customs Controller you will commute on a daily basis to my clients Telford office and report into the Freight Manager. You will be responsible for the following areas across the branch:
- Completing customs procedures and working with appointed routed agents and company operated services;
- Preparing and providing documents to customers in accordance with the terms of shipment standard operating procedures;
- Communicating directly with clients to ensure that they are kept up to date in respect of the shipping status of their consignments;
- Ensuring that the client is offered positive communication in the event of a shipping problem, being pro-active to provide a solution where possible.
- Allocating the stock to bookings and processing shipments in accordance with SOP (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Arranging FCL (Full Container Loads), LCL (Less Container Loads) Trailer and Air freight;
- Obtaining, checking and preparing documentation to meet customs and insurance requirements, packing specifications, and compliance with other countries' regulations and fiscal regimes;
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have an expansive background in the freight forwarding industry with a bias towards ocean freight & customs. The ideal Freight & Customs Controller will have the following skills and experience:
- 2+ year's experience in freight forwarding in sea, air freight or customs.
- Experience of customs compliance / HAWB & MAWB
- Proven track record of calculating taxes and duties via imported air freight
- Excellent customer service experience
- Experience with Documentation Services (Certificates of Origin, Letters of Credit etc)
- Commutable to Telford.
- An ambitious drive to grow and succeed within the freight forwarding world
- A foreign language skill would be advantageous.
What's on Offer
- Up to a 10% bonus
- Opportunity to move further forward in a management career