Do you want career progression?
Market Leading Brand
About Our Client
My client is in the Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain Sector. They provide innovative supply chain solutions that challenge their competitors on a global level. They have sites all across the country and have over 140 years of experience.
The key responsibilities of the successful Freight Forwarder will include:
- To ensure that all documentation is completed in a correct manner and presented within the expected time frames as designated by the departmental head at any given time.
- Be part of the Air Freight team
- All procedures and time frames described in the 'general working procedure, imports' document must be adhered to at all times.
- Any potential system problems must be advised to your manager immediately.
- Advising the customer immediately on entry completion and confirmation of costs as received from customs. Also advised of any imposed local holds effecting planned delivery.
- Highlighting any issues causing cargo to be delayed through customs clearance on document problems especially giving cause to possible demurrage cost, to your Manager/Departmental Head at all times.
- Completing all Duty and VAT invoices for which the company is liable on costs.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Freight Forwarder in Bristol will have the following attributes:
- Experience in customs clearance and knowledge of air industry desirable.
- Competent with completion of at least basis home-use customs clearance procedures.
- Strong Customer Service skills are essential.
- Effective written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with an ability to prioritise and manage high workloads in challenging situations and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to make considered and consistent decisions.
- Fast and accurate data entry.
- Live within commutable distance of Bournemouth
What's on Offer
The Freight Forwarder will receive...
- A salary of up to £32,000 depending on experience
- Monday to Friday Day Shifts
- 25+8 Days Holiday
- Pension Scheme
- Progression Opportunities