- An exciting opportunity to grow a commerical career in freight & shipping
- Hybrid office and home working pattern. Opportunity to become a Director!
About Our Client
My client is a house-hold name in the International & European shipping markets. A transport haulier and shipping business with over 71 years' experience in the market. My client is rapidly expanding their Midlands (Birmingham) based operation and looking for like-minded individuals to join them on the next step in their journey. Thye business is predominately based around European & UK based road freight and looking to expand on their current trade lanes. The business is owned by a world-wide air & ocean specialist with over 7,000 employees worldwide.
As a Freight Sales Manager you will report into the Country Director (in the Birmingham office) and have the following areas of responsibility:
- Generate new and existing road freight trade lanes across a broad EU & UK market.
- Source your own business leads and act on those provided by Sales and Operations Colleagues as well as using other tools given.
- To act as the primary point of contact for quotations and enquiries for ad-hoc business.
- To identify sales opportunities. Profiling all new business to understand intricately how we can support with freight / customs.
- To generate new sales, linked directly to the current business plan. Focus and drive to achieve targets.
- Use the CRM system to effectively record, manage and develop opportunities
- Specific knowledge/skills required Road, Air and Ocean Freight sales and products.
The Successful Applicant
As a Freight Sales Manager you will work a hybrid environment from both the office in Birmingham and from home. You will be from an establish freight, import & export sales background
- Prior experience in a Sales and/or Account Manager opportunity
- Ideally Nordic or BENELUX freight movement experience.
- Desire experience in shipping, freight, transport, OR import & export.
- A personable and professional individual
- A key communicator with the ability to build rapport quickly.
- The desire to grow, succeed and achieve targets.
What's on Offer
This role will very quickly lead to a Directorship position within the business. You will join a 24 month career development pathway to reach a senior position in the business (provided targets are achieved). You will also enjoy the following:
- Company car or allowance
- Comprehensive bonus scheme built around developing a market
- Private healthcare for you and the family
- 33 days annual leave