- A market-leader in global oil & tanker road transportation
- Searching for an experience freight planner in Derbyshire.
About Our Client
My client focuses on distributing imported oil & gas tanker services nationally across the country. Based in Swadlincote, Derbyshire, the company has report large scale grow in both revenue and profits over the last half-decade. They are now looking to expand their operation and bring on board like-minded individuals.
The successful Freight & Transport Planner will report directly into the Head of Shipping & Planning and will be responsible for the following areas:
- Planning the imported distribution of oil & gas (tankers & containers) across the UK delivery network.
- Build economical transport loads for the network from a trunking and delivery perspective
- Assist in negotiating rates with both customers and transport providers
- Focus on providing efficiency's within the shipping & transport network, in order to maximise profits
- Aim to plan for around 150 container & tanker loads each week
- Successfully plan a large EU shipping & transport network
The Successful Applicant
As a Freight & Transport Planner you will ideal have the following skills to fulfil the vacancy. You will also be easily commutable of Swadlincote, Derbyshire:
- International Shipping & Planning Experience (either domestic transport planning or freight shipping internationally)
- Experience planning transport networks with over 100 movements per-week.
- A flair for customer service
- Experience of working to deadlines in a logistics environment
- A willingness to learn and a drive to succeed.
What's on Offer
- Company bonus scheme - up to 15%
- Private healthcare on offer with longevity of service
- 5 weeks paid holiday per year