Front Office Control Manager - Investment Banking
Manager level role
Global boutique investment Bank
About Our Client
Our client are the investment banking arm of a global financial services business with offices located in Europe,Middle East and Asia.
The Front Office Control Manager will be responsible for:
- Front Office Supervision and Conduct Risk controls, as well as ensuring relevant regulatory requirements are met within the sales and trading businesses.
- Responsible for maintaining and monitoring the Control Tower (CT) for Desk Heads that provides transparency and insight into the effectiveness of the control environment that exists within their business
- Perform on-going analysis across large volumes of trade data to define effective rules based exceptions logic.
- Monitoring of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) investigating instances of where traders demonstrate a change in behaviour in terms of control exceptions that are generated across a variety of risk measures and escalating issues to respective business leads.
- Preparing and presenting relevant Management Information (MI) for exceptions, unusual activity/patterns and potential market abuse to Senior Management and taking actions where necessary.
- Ensuring prompt escalation of issues by Front Office to relevant control functions
The Successful Applicant
The Front Office Control Manager should have the following skills:
- A strong understanding of investment banking products and services including Equity, FICC, Sales and Trading processes and the associated controls.
- Ability to question and challenge behaviours and actions across the Front Office taking action and escalating. Excellent stakeholder engagement and management skills.
- Consistently demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent project management and organisational skills, with an ability to multitask and adapt to change. Collaborative and be able to work effectively both as part of a team and individually.
- Problem solver with strong controls mind set, identifying and mitigating risks. q Works well under pressure and in tight deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work in a fast paced team with minimal supervision.
What's on Offer
Salary of £50k -£55k plus attractive benefits package