FS Indirect Tax Manager/Senior Manager - EDI/GLA/AB
Big 4 accountancy firm
Great career progression
About Our Client
Our client offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Their approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help their clients excel anywhere in the world.
Our client's Indirect Tax Team has grown rapidly over the last 5 years and to continue that growth needs high calibre additional resource at Manager and Senior Manager level. The team is regarded within the firm as one of the leading and most successful service lines, with a reputation for being proactive, entrepreneurial, successful and fun to work with.
The Financial Services ("FS") Indirect Tax team sits within the Indirect Tax group and focuses on the key industries of Banking & Capital Markets, Investment Management, Insurance and Fintech. Team members have deep cross-FS industry knowledge and a wealth of experience in providing tailored and practical advice to clients on the application of VAT and IPT rules in relation to complex transactions and arrangements.
Keeping abreast of all relevant Indirect Tax issues and developments that clients are most concerned with, the team also works closely with industry bodies as well as frequently dealing with HM Treasury and HM Revenue & Customs, acting on behalf of clients and in the course of consultations. Consistent with its clients' operations, the work is often global in nature and provides the chance to broaden knowledge and interact with the firm's global network regularly. Members will expect to work with all other people in the team, often reporting direct to Partners.
- Assisting with deepening relationships with target accounts, contributing to winning new work
- Leading existing client engagements, regularly reporting direct to a partner
- Assisting with developing less experienced staff with hands on advice and support
- Input into development of new market opportunities locally, nationally and internationally with an opportunity to lead the market development of the new ideas
- Contributing to enhancement of relationships with all targets and clients
- Working closely with colleagues in other parts of the firm
- Having a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; having a clear understanding of the firm's commitment to creating a more inclusive culture.
The Successful Applicant
- CTA or equivalent qualification
- Prior Financial Services VAT experience gained within industry, professional services or HMRC
- Excellent client facing, relationship building and business development skills, coupled with commercial awareness
- The ability to be proactive, identify opportunities and take early responsibility
What's on Offer
Excellent salary + benefits.