- Fundraising Compliance Manager required for a UK based Global Charity
- This role also has the potential to expand into other areas of compliance.
About Our Client
My client is part of the global network which is working to provide solutions to the greatest environmental problems facing our planet. The future of our world is in our hands, it's time to accelerate the action urgently needed to actively restore nature.
Corporate Services comprises the Internal Audit, Legal & Compliance Teams within the Operations Department. It helps the charity achieve its objectives by ensuring compliance with all relevant laws and regulations, advising on the control, management and mitigation of risk and ensuring effective governance processes.
- To support the Charity Income and Engagement teams with all fundraising compliance matters. To ensure that my client demonstrates compliance with the requirements of the Fundraising Regulator and to relevant regulation, legislation and guidance.
- To lead their Gift Aid compliance program. Ensure the charity is compliant with the HMRC requirements for gift aid; working with others across the organisation and carrying out regular checks to identify issues and recommend and implement solutions.
- To lead their Direct Debit compliance program.
- To ensure quality assessment and mystery shopping of third-party suppliers.
- To support their PCI-DSS (credit card payment) compliance program
- To lead their society lottery compliance program and other prize-led giving programs
- To support the compliance programs for their phone-paid services
- To provide monthly and annual reporting on compliance to the executive group and audit committee.
- To keep and maintain records of compliance activities.
- To devise and deliver training to support compliance across the organisation.
- To devise, implement and maintain appropriate policies, procedures, ways of working and compliance frameworks.
- Use your knowledge and experience of compliance practice to ensure compliance within fundraising while not unnecessarily limiting the ability to raise funds
- To work with the Legal and Internal Audit team as required, and undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required of you in the post.
The Successful Applicant
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS & KNOWLEDGE
- Proven experience in fundraising compliance and working within a fundraising environment.
- Awareness of sector regulators and industry bodies and their role in charity fundraising (such as the Fundraising Regulator, the Institute of Fundraising, the Gambling Commission).
- Experience in PCI-DSS compliance. Previous qualification in this area is an advantage.
- In-depth experience and knowledge of HMRC Gift Aid scheme and its applicability in practice for an organisation of the type and scope of the charity.
- Experience of direct debit, lottery and phone-paid services compliance.
- Working knowledge of Data Protection legislation. Knowledge of other compliance areas beyond those listed is an advantage.
- Proactive and keen to identify opportunities for improvements to benefit the organisation.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Strong ability to communicate, influence and negotiate.
- Great at building relationships, inspiring trust and confidence.
- Strong implementation skills, including rigour in development of, and adherence to, quality assurance frameworks.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to bring solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to manage your own workload efficiently.
- Ability to find creative solutions to enable and support the fundraising teams.
- Excellent at delivering engaging training
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Positive attitude, energy, and determination.
- Passionate about the aims of the charity.
What's on Offer
The values are: 'Courage', 'Integrity', 'Respect', and 'Collaboration'. These values should be embedded in your work and behaviour, and any associated policies and processes adopted consistently.