Garment Technologist - Lingerie
Is a company that is growing massively and is doing extremely well
With a great competitive salary
About Our Client
Based in Watford this retailers is growing massively - their sales have been 15% up on the week, showing that they are doing extremely well as a company. In 2018 they started building on their processes and 2019 is all about building on this - the new MD has put in a lot of process structure, building the right foundation for the right growth for the future.
- PC Literate inc Word / Excel / Outlook
- Expert knowledge of consumer product safety requirements sufficiently, to understand and interpret relevant legislation that ensure compliance in a way that is commercial but ensures adherence to legal requirements
- Ability to fit and seal a product on the stand, then translate in clear and concise fit comments.
- Understanding of testing and how this translates into the customers experience of the product.
- Conduct seasonal block reviews in association with buying team.
- Regularly review competitor's garments to review block specifications to deliver customers best fit in the market.
- Understand market trends with attention to quality, pricing and value for money, by regular reviewing the competition in store and on line.
- Identify product risk at sign off and with buyer and supplier to mitigate quality risks
- Work with buying and design team to ensure specs are created in time for tech pack deadlines
- Work with suppliers to ensure they understand our quality and technical requirements to ensure all products are fit for purpose, legal and ethical.
- Work with overseas QA teams, review, highlight and train our suppliers to brand quality expectations.
- Regularly visit stores to appraise the quality.
- Travel to overseas suppliers to conduct factory technical process audits.
- Support in the Sourcing of Product to deliver quality, value and continuity of supply in line with our company aims.
The Successful Applicant
- Excellent and effective communicator in the spoken and written word, with the ability to build relationships at all levels both internally and externally with suppliers.
- Good time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Adaptable and willingness to change with evolving business needs.
- Effective negotiating and influencing skills, sufficient to influence internally and externally to meet business objectives.
- Innovative and analytical thinking - seeking opportunities, and problem solving.
- Commercial acumen and understanding of how actions affect the wider business
What's on Offer
Working with a well established business that is growing from strength to strength with a competitive salary.