General Counsel and Group Company Secretary, FTSE Business
UK General Counsel Role with Influence at senior management level
Oppurtunity to be involved in a transformation and growth challenge
About Our Client
With an 80 year legacy, our client has stood the test of time as one of the worlds leading players in it's field of manufacturing with operations in the UK, Across Europe, APAC, North and South America.
Over the greater part of a century the business has undergone periods of change. In this latest phase is looking to implement a fresh approach to it's strategic operations and as such offers the next leaders in the business to play a part in this change.
As the first combined General Counsel and Company secretary your first responsibility will be to asses, review and report back on where you feel you can most add value and contribute to the growth in the profitability of the business. This will include taking responsibility for:
- Management of Company secretarial duties including board meetings, reports and AGMs
- Offering sound commercial advice on high volume service level contracts, supply agreements, procurement, manufacturing and other general commercial contracts
- Mitigation of legal risk and advising on regulatory, compliance, data protection, anti-bribery and risk management by ensuring the organisation is fully compliant with prevailing statutory and regulatory provisions and that relevant governance is in place.
- Review and implementation of procedures to ensure efficiencies within the legal function, including assessment of the ongoing legal provision budgetary requirements and management of the individuals.
- Advising on cross border issues taking into consideration cultural and legislative differences
- Management of the legal team,
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be a UK qualified Solicitor or Barrister with a minimum of 10 years' experience ave previous listed company experience ideally within the Manufacturing, Tech, and/or Heavy Industry Sectors. Whilst the organisation is listed in the UK there is a strong international element which means an understanding of working in a cross jurisdictional framework is very critical. Furthermore you will need to dmonstrate:
- Broad commercial experience particularly in relation to manufacture, product liability and delivery of goods and services.
- Experience in performing Company Secretarial Duties in a PLC.
- Evidence of maintaining sound judgement under speed and pressure.
- A pragmatic and commercial approach to problem solving
- The ability to make decisions and deliver at pace
- A concise, decisive and clear approach to offering legal advice
- Adaptability and flexibility to work closely with a CEO in an international role
- The ability to reflect the business needs in the legal divisions priorities
- A willingness to turn your hand to the vast range of legal issues that naturally materialise in a smaller commercial legal team.
Critically, you must have experience working closely with senior stakeholders with the confidence and gravitas to influence within a business undergoing a period of considerable change..
What's on Offer
Basic salary will be dependant on the applicant's experience but will be commensurate with an executive role.