First Legal Hire for a rapidly growing marketing agency business
A varied legal role with an emphasis on providing strategic legal advice
About Our Client
A rapidly scaling and acquisitive full service marketing agency built around clients who want true partnerships, specialist expertise, and market-leading growth.
Reporting into the CFO this role will:
- provide General Counsel support on any business issues across the organisation, ensuring that legal risk is effectively managed, and that compliance is maintained with all relevant regulations, while seeking to promote and defend the interests and reputation of Brainlabs
- provide legal support to Brainlabs' strategic initiatives including; acquisitions, partnerships, restructurings, entry into new markets, and GDPR related issues, referring to external legal support for specific and specialist advice when required.
- develop strategies and processes to shape a legal function that can match the complexity and sophistication of its clients, including; creating the necessary suite of contracts, putting in place relevant playbooks for how the business interacts with legal, creating business-focused training modules on relevant legal topics and horizon scanning to stay ahead of legal and regulatory changes that affects Brainlabs.
The Successful Applicant
- A qualified lawyer with a minimum of eight year's post-qualification experience with in-house experience working on:
- commercial contract negotiation and management
- data protection issues
- legal issues arising from activities from ongoing and post M&A transactions
- The successful candidate will:
- have ideally worked in a media organisation
- have a commercial mind-set and be constantly seeking solutions
- have superb attention to detail, administrative capabilities and drafting skills
- be able to juggle the reactive legal needs of a business whilst putting into place key legal processes and playbooks
- excellent knowledge of data protection, including GDPR implementation experience
- be able to horizon scan to proactive mitigate future legal risk
- be a team player with strong communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
- appreciate the different demands of in a start-up environment, particularly the need to prioritise commercial decision making
- be motivated by Brainlabs growth mission
What's on Offer
A six figure basic salary + excellent rewards package.