- Fantastic and new opportunity to join a market leading organisation.
- Real challenge with great reward
About Our Client
Major world leading manufacturer
An ever changing and forward thinking business that values their employees. A place where creation of career development opportunities is real.
A company that pays great attention to employees health and welfare. You can expect medical insurance and dental care schemes, plus access to our healthy living application.
The General Manager role will be sales focused so looking for a commercial lead.
Reporting to the Senior General Manager your remit is developing and managing profitable sales growth across a global territory. Through effective leadership skills, the General Manager for compact machines will manage and monitor the performance of a team of professional international sales managers across their own regions whilst driving the performance of in country dealers and channel networks in the adjoining regions. The successful candidate will ideally be based in the Midlands or North West of England and will manage a significant PnL and develop a portfolio of existing in country subsidiaries, dealers and networks. You will work with key stakeholders across the Group as a member of the Senior Management Team.
The Successful Applicant
Successful General Manager - Commercial should demonstrate the following:
- Significant experience working at Commercial GM, Sales Director or senior sales level within the construction plant equipment domain .
- Solid background in achieving/exceeding budgeted revenue within a large geographical area.
- Managed a PnL
- Ideally the candidate will have worked specifically with Mini/Midi tracked compact machines/ diggers/Excavators
- The individual will bring a strong product knowledge, well rounded commercial understanding and a customer first attitude.
- The role requires you to demonstrate credibility when communicating at all levels internally, with dealers and customers business.
- The successful applicant will have the perfect blend of a sales management, commercial experience and product background.
- You will have an appreciation of the market and industry knowledge with an understanding of typical construction applications.
- Experience of selling to end users directly or indirectly via a dedicated dealer network, demonstrating the ability to handle commercial negotiations and delivering on forecasts.
- Importantly, the person should be highly self-motivated with a confident manner, with the ability to communicate at all levels throughout the business.
- A demonstrable work history of managing, motivating, coaching, and reviewing a busy regional sales team.
- The ability to achieve and exceed budgeted revenue for a large international geographical area.
- Previous experience in delivering effective sales training.
- Sound reporting skills with a high degree of efficiency in MS Office, in particular Word & Excel.
What's on Offer
£80,000 to £90,000 base plus package
Senior level commercial focused role.