General Manager - Sales
Fantastic leadership opportunity for global consumer durables business
Working for a global shelving business with double digit growth!
About Our Client
Shanghong UK are a leading shelf manufacturer with over 25 years experience of growth and success within the shelving industry. With their global head-quarters in Zhejiang, China they have a global footprint with sales expanding across the UK, Australia & South East Asia.
Their vision is to be a world-class brand in the shelving industry, featuring in a number of key UK retailers including ASDA, Homebase, Tesco & B&Q.
Their mission is to be the lead when it comes to industry trends and create a premium value added service for their customer base.
The core values of the business are to create a hard-working and conscientious environment; with sales staff who are constantly learning, self improving and innovating.
With brand new premises based in Nottinghamshire, they are looking for a General Sales Manager to drive the UK Sales performance.
- Create annual and monthly sales budgets for the UK business in alignment with the corporate strategic goals
- Take responsibility of and organise the plan, development & management of sales channels
- Take responsibility of team management, talent recruitment & development & performance evaluation of UK branch
- Provide full support to the Sales Manager ensuring all key customers are developed effectively
- Integrate relevant issues of each department during daily work in UK branch, and provide professional & effective support for each team
- Take a first line approach with the key customers; both in their offices and any visits to the Shanghong factory
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have worked within the consumer durables industry ideally selling shelves and accessories into the UK retail market
- Leadership and budgeting skills are essential
- Strong sales skills are needed including new business wins, key customer account management, managing a P&L and creating joint business plans with clients
- Existing relationships within the UK retail market (B&Q, Tesco, ASDA, Homebase etc) would be of particular interest
- We would also look at General Sales Managers from a Shopfitting background who would be keen to move into a retail sales environment
- This role is office based in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire when not out visiting customers
What's on Offer
Competitive basic salary
Performance related bonus