General Manager - Transport
Working for a great 3PL based on a leading Global Customer's site.
Progressive company with a diverse customer base
About Our Client
My client is one of the UK's best known 3PL's in the UK who have a great range of Customers. They are able to demonstrate year on year growth and during this unprecedented time have continued to grow and on-board new client wins.
As General Manager you will directly oversee the transport for the Customer site. You will be responsible for a team of over 150 drivers, north of £25m budget, circa 250 trailers and circa 60 tractor units.
* Lead and develop the operational transport teams by translating a vision and strategy into reality
* Working in collaboration with agency and logistics providers to ensure great service levels
* Produce and deliver stretching transport operational budgets that drive continued improvement in operating cost per case
* Support the development and implementation of transport change programmes
* Champion world class legal compliance and operational standards Benchmark and implement best in class policy and procedures
* Lead the service culture across the distribution centres that enables colleagues to do the right thing for our customers
* Establish sustainable continuous improvement activity that delivers competitive advantage
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have;
* A solid knowledge of managing a fast paced transport operations with full knowledge of transport legislation - required
* CPC (International / National) - required
* Knowledge of digital scheduling and driver management packages
* Experienced in both open/closed book contract
* CI led - Be inquisitive, innovative and focused on delivering the best possible service to the customer
* Flexible around what is a 24/7 operation
What's on Offer
£70,000 - £75,000 plus benefits