End to end management of the business as the most senior hire.
Startup with proven model and financial backing
About Our Client
International business expanding into London for the first time. The business is centred around entertainment theme parks.
You will be responsible for every aspect of day-to-day operations, including key functions such as:
- managing customer experience
- strategic planning and development
- monitoring health and safety
- overseeing the park's finances
- staff management and recruitment
- liaising with Company management
You'll propose and implement strategies to constantly improve customer satisfaction and park development. Additionally, you may also oversee or take sole responsibility for the marketing of the park in order to generate business. You'll be involved in all areas of the park, including rides, retail and food and beverages. Theme park managers may also be known as guest experience managers, rides and operations managers or attractions managers.
As the General Manager you'll need to:
- plan and implement strategies to achieve constant improvements in visitor and employee satisfaction
- keep abreast of developments in the industry, both internal and external, such as changes in legislation
- oversee the effective application of health and safety regulations and risk assessment to ensure a safe environment for park employees and the public
- set budgetary and financial strategies
- hire employees for launch and deal with human resources and personnel
- understand local community issues and build relationships with local government and external partners
- maintain a critical oversight of marketing functions
- monitor competition.
The Successful Applicant
You will ideally have a qualification in one of the following subjects:
- facilities management
- hotel and catering or hospitality management
- leisure, travel or tourism management
You'll need to show evidence of the following:
- flexibility in order to cope with the varied demands of the work and the constant need for innovation
- the ability to motivate staff
- sound business acumen
- leadership skills and the ability to delegate
- sound judgement
- commercial initiative
- excellent communication, time management, planning and organisational skills
- marketing skills
- energy and resilience
- a high degree of technical competence and computer literacy - this may be required, as many of the rides are controlled by sophisticated computer programs
- knowledge of engineering will come in useful, and a first aid qualification may be helpful too.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and benefits.