German Speaking Internal Audit Manager (EMEA)
Joining a developing Internal Audit function with responsibility for EMEA
Working for a global company supporting circa 60 group entities
About Our Client
Our client is a global leader in engineering and manufacturing, the Group delivers innovative and integrated solutions across a wide range of industries from commercial aviation and transportation to power plants and gas turbines, and from machinery and infrastructure to integrated defence and space systems.
- Promote internal control activities across the EMEA region.
- Advise the global headquarter on regional requirements, to ensure the voice of the EMEA region is heard within the Group.
- Plan, organize and execute internal audit assignments (risk based, questionnaire based) of Group companies in EMEA including; definition of scope & objective, development of the audit programme (when required), scheduling the work, executing fieldwork and report writing. Audits are performed either individually or in a small team.
- Provide inputs for the creation of the EMEA regional audit plan.
- more efficient & effective, to safeguard company assets and to comply with applicable laws & regulations.
- Support the CRO (Audit & Compliance) with providing an opinion on the group's internal controls and risks.
- Perform peer-to-peer review of draft audit reports prepared by colleagues as and when required.
- Execute, lead and participate to ad-hoc projects, such as supporting/coordinating group companies' risk assessment activities.
- Monitor the operation of group companies in a risk-based approach.
- Engage in and support "J-SOX" audit work as and when required.
The Successful Applicant
Report to: Chief Regional Officer (EMEA Audit & Compliance)
Working conditions (travel, work space, etc.):
About 60% desk work (development of documents, analytics/evaluation, etc.), communication through web/phone/email across the region
Up to 40% travel to group companies in the EMEA region with limited travel to India and Japan when required (dependent on government guidelines)
Execute audits remotely when required due to travel restrictions
Education and qualifications:
Bachelor / Master degree or equivalent
CIA, CMIIA (preferred)
Experience working within an internal audit team to a Senior or Manager level.
Good knowledge of German (verbal, reading)
Good verbal and written English communication skills
Ability to clearly formulate conclusions based on evidence gathered
Comfortable talking to and discussing with Senior Management of the group companies
IT skills for MS Office including flowcharting, spreadsheets and databases
CAATs and audit software (not mandatory, but preferred)
What's on Offer
- Life assurance x4 times basic salary
- Private health insurance
- Discretionary bonus (twice per year)
- Company sick pay
- 9% Employer contribution
- 20 days per annum in first year + bank holiday
Working for a company which, for over 130 years has delivered innovative and integrated solutions and has demonstrated commitment to creating a positive social impact around the globe.
The organisation embraces diversity and cooperation, and promotes a healthy balance of professional and personal development, ensuring that your ideas and expertise are valued and respected.
To meet the challenges of an ever-changing world, they continuously reinvent the concept of manufacturing.
If you are looking for a role with: the opportunity to progress, delivering complex audits, a supportive audit team and have responsibility for the EMEA region please do apply!