GI Senior Actuary Manager
About Our Client
Global brand with operations globally
Excellent company culture
The ideal candidate will be a professional with an experienced background in actuarial science and quantitative analysis.
- Manage analyst staff responsible for Non-Life loss reserving and financial projects.
- Provides sound analysis and recommendations to senior leaders for strategic business decisions.
- Develops and maintains tools and models to support actuarial analysis.
- With limited supervision, manage actuarial analysts in performing ad-hoc reserving projects for AEL and US Finance Actuarial teams.
Key Measuring Parameters
- Responsible for the supervision and development of financial analyst staff.
- Strong managerial skills including the ability to simultaneously lead multiple projects and team members.
- Develop quantitative and analytical skills of analyst staff.
- Expanding global network and strengthening relationships with Europe, Asia and US actuarial teams.
- Acquiring a good understanding of the organizational management reporting, and legal structure.
- Acquiring a good understanding of the key projects, responsibilities, models and analytical tools of Non-Life Finance Actuarial.
- Completing assignments in a timely manner and with high quality.
- Continued professional development, e.g. expanding actuarial knowledge and sharpening managerial skills.
The Successful Applicant
- Master degree or higher in one of the following areas: Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Sciences, and Economics.
- Fellow of Casualty Actuary Society or Institute and Faculty of Actuaries.
- Ten to fifteen years of experience working in financial services industry, preferably with experience at global property/casualty insurance company or insurance focused consulting/advising company.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Mandarin and in English, overseas exposure preferred
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, strong sense of responsibility and ability to work with limited supervision.
- Statistical/Actuarial modeling software experience, e.g. VBA, SAS preferred.
What's on Offer
Excellent working environment
Team management opportunity