Global Category Manager - Indirects
Market Leading business with sites globally
Highly respected procurement team
About Our Client
Market leading global business
Global Category Managers are expert practitioners in the tools for creating competitive environments, and have a strong bias for decision-making rooted in data and analytics. They routinely influence C-level vendor relationships by advising senior leaders across multiple stakeholder groups on the direction of sourcing projects in support of business unit and corporate goals.
Primary Responsibilities Of This Role
- Establishing strong relationships with internal business stakeholders; building a strong understanding of strategic business direction, requirements and priorities across assigned suppliers and/or spend categories.
- Developing global sourcing strategies to deliver against business objectives for internal clients.
- Evaluating supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry cost models and bench-marking analysis.
- Managing the fundamentals of sourcing and supplier engagement activities including RFx, spend pattern analysis, contract analysis, bid evaluation, negotiations, and supplier consolidation.
- Identifying sourcing opportunities by leveraging spend analysis tools and engage with stakeholders to consolidate requirements over categories, suppliers and geographies.
- Work with business and finance leaders to identify and drive savings and controllership improvements, focusing on total cost of ownership.
- Providing guidance to internal stakeholders on procurement strategies; maintaining procurement ethics in accordance with global policies.
- Prepare and hold business reviews with stakeholders to review vendor performance, future opportunities, and/or challenges.
The Successful Applicant
- 7+ years of relevant strategic sourcing experience, to include at minimum, 4 years in an indirect procurement function at a multinational corporation with global contracts.
- You will have managed the following categories in detail - Marketing/HR/L&D - if you don't have recent and in depth experience of this you will not be progressed.
- In-depth experience in best-in-class procurement practices (category management, bench-marking, should-cost models, RFX, reverse auction, contracting, etc.).
- Degree Qualified.
- Master's Degree (MBA/MS)
- Strong negotiator with proven experience in setting negotiation strategies and conducting negotiations.
- Extensive knowledge of the basic types of commercial agreement structures and the function and purpose of key legal terms.
- Strong experience assessing risk and concisely explaining complex issues to principal business owners.
- Extremely customer-focused and takes the time to understand the needs of the business.
- Experience working in a large, global, highly matrixed organization.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to quickly synthesize, distill and draw conclusions on large amounts of disparate data.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Passionate self-starter with the highest integrity and ethics
What's on Offer
Excellent opportunity with a stable and ethical organisation.