- You are passionate, dedicated, driven and ambitious
- You're a technical and commercial accountant with a proven track record
About Our Client
My client is home to the most iconic and influential artists on the planet. They are one of the most innovative companies in the world amid the industry's digital transformation redefining what modern should look like! With over 70 entities worldwide, the opportunity to work for such an iconic brand is not to be understated!
The role is a post-qualified position within the Global Finance team reporting to the Director of Global Finance Reporting. The Global Financial Reporting team is responsible for: the consolidation of the global operating company results, review of the financial reporting of the operating companies, communicating the results to the corporate shareholder and providing analysis and presentations on group financial reporting to management.
The team also closely supports the CFO and Board, alongside providing assistance to the Heads of Finance in the operating companies.
As a Manager within the team, the role will focus on delivering the group's consolidated external financial statements, advising the Global Finance department leadership on complex technical accounting matters and leading on the practical implementation of the Group Accounting Policies. This role is also expected to assist and support senior management in any potential IPO procedures.
Fulfilling these key responsibilities will require liaising closely with the Global Reporting Analysts and leading on areas key to the production of the consolidated external financial statements.
- Preparation of the Group Consolidated Financial Statements (IFRS basis). Design of the necessary associated models and financial system structure to enable the efficient and effective production of the group results
- Production of quarterly Financial Reporting deck and other key analysis on the group external financial reporting for circulation to key senior financial management
- Development and maintenance of KPIs for financial reporting
- Advising on technical accounting matters where they arise, for example within Group Catalogue or Investment transaction activity. Preparation on associated memos on accounting considerations and detailed conclusions for basis of accounting where necessary
- Ensuring adherence to the accounting policy book and relevant IAS requirements and disclosures. Management of policy book regarding any changes of policy - including those resulting from new accounting standard
- Working with the Group Reporting Analysts on areas of reporting affecting disclosure on Group Financial Statements
- Assist and support senior management in any potential IPO procedures should they arise
- Provide additional off-cycle support to Director, Global Financial Reporting and VP, Global Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Liaising with Group external auditors on the necessary review/audit of the Group Financial Statements
The Successful Applicant
- A relevant qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with experience in financial controls and accounting, either from within business or as an auditor
- Experience in financial reporting requirements, specifically IFRS (or equivalent) and interpretation of new standards
- Knowledge of IFRS 2 and IFRS 16 are essential
- Large, multi-entity and mulit-currency consolidation experience necessary
- Subsequent technical accounting and group reporting experience within industry (2-3 years)
- IPO experience beneficial
- Ability to manage and coach junior team members and provide support to colleagues at all levels including training where necessary
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in written form. In addition, must be able to explain/present results (especially financial) in a clear, accurate and concise form
- Strong planning and organisational skills, with ability to manage own workload in a pressurised environment and work to tight deadlines
- Experience in using innovative technical solutions to drive efficiencies and solve problems
- Ability to apply knowledge from previous global experiences and share knowledge and insight
- Ability to build and sustain strong relationships with colleagues and lead firm-wide teams of mixed grades and experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical skills and experience building excel spreadsheets (or equivalent) up to macro level
What's on Offer
- 25 days annual leave
- Group personal pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Dental and travel insurance options
- 'Cycle to Work' scheme
- Salary sacrifice company cars
- Subsidised gym membership
- And more!