- Excellent development opportunities
- Chance to make an impact within the organization
About Our Client
The client is an innovative and rapidly growing business who design and manufacture complex electro-mechanical products.
- Provide effective leadership and development of the inventory, supply chain and purchasing operations across all businesses within the Group.
- Manage inventory targets for all aspects of the business. Ensure that annual business plans are effectively translated into inventory, supply chain and purchasing strategies and policies to support the needs of the business. Roll out resulting KPI's.
- Lead high level contract negotiations with major global suppliers to ensure minimal risk and continuity. Manage same to minimise currency or freight cost fluctuation risk.
- De-risk the existing supply chain through dual and re-sourcing activities.
- Manage and develop the group 'Stock model' and embed this within the group ERP. Monitor and manage domestic and US raw material, WIP and completed stock levels.
- Monitor and manage remote stock location stock holdings, ROL's, MOQ's.
- Ensure early sourcing and supplier involvement in the NPD and NPI processes.
- Ensure inventory, supply chain and purchasing business system data is accurately maintained and periodically reviewed. Roll out Purchasing aspects of ERP INFOR system to global group (UK only, at the moment).
- Rationalise transport, warehousing and logistics movements between global group locations.
- Strategically manage the implementation of BREXIT (measures in hand) and subsequent trade treaties.
- Oversee the identification of and reporting on new supply chain opportunities.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree or qualified through background in Supply Chain management or similar (a must).
- Extensive Purchasing background with a global SME/manufacturing/engineering environment at world class standards.
- Proven track record in a supply chain role, ideally with Group or multi-site responsibility.
- Extensive knowledge of ERP systems and functionality.
- Proven strategic sourcing, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Must be able to communicate supply chain objectives clearly and convey the benefits to the organisation.
- Possess a strategic vision, combined with the ability to be able to deal with operational issues as required.
- Knowledgeable in the application and development of modern supply chain and manufacturing philosophies
- Financial literacy and proven commercial acumen & the ability to develop and monitor budgets
- Direct knowledge gained in leading and driving supply chain efficiency's
- Practised in contract creation, negotiation and maintenance
- Knowledge in Procurement managing indirect procurement categories including IT, Freight, Professional Services and Corporate Services
- Ability to liaise and influence stakeholders at all levels of the business and drive the growth of the procurement function locally and globally
- Background of the requirements of working within an ISO 9001/2018 or similar environment would be useful, but not essential.
What's on Offer
- Salary £75,000
- Additional production bonus (variable but approx. 5% basic salary payable monthly in arrears), linked to the value of goods invoiced from the UK factory base.
- Full time, permanent position, Aviva Company private pension scheme, in line with Government Auto Enrolment legislation guidelines 4 of 4
- Non-contributory private medical insurance (BUPA) and life insurance
- 25 days holiday per annum, plus Bank Holidays.
- Sickness absences pay (after six months satisfactory service)