Global Lead Counsel, Digital - Major Global Furniture Retailer
A superb opportunity to join one of the world's leading brands, based in Sweden
This role will take on a Global remit, report into the GC and manage a team.
About Our Client
A major global furniture and homeware retailer based in Sweden. This organisation has significant brand presence and is instantly recognised across the world with over 360 stores in 30 countries, with their products present millions of homes worldwide.
With over 150,000 employees across the global group and with over 34 billion in total retail sales this truly is a global retail giant who are in a position of strength and who are embarking on a period of exciting growth and transformation.
You will be responsible for and lead the "Digital" team, who have a Global remit and are based in Sweden. The team provides special support in the areas of digital, procurement, sustainability and development & Innovation. The Group is on a growth journey and a part of the work is to be responsible for support to the Digital team in the transformation that will support becoming more digital and accessible for customers in all dimensions of the business.
This role will report into the General Counsel and lead a team of up to 5 lawyers. Together with General Counsel you will build up a strong team and be responsible for providing strategic legal support to the highly important areas surrounding Digital, Procurement, Sustainability, Development and Innovation.
You will together with your team review, support and secure the legal and governance aspects of the business and operations in a global organisation in above areas.
You will liaise with key senior stake holders and other global leads to help drive and support group level strategies and then be responsible for ensuring the smooth roll out of these across the various regions across the globe.
The Successful Applicant
Suitable candidates for this role will have the following skills & experience:
- A qualified solicitor
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Qualification can be from any country or jurisdiction.
- A minimum of 10-15yrs experience within the Retail and/or Technology sector is required.
- Proven management and leadership experience is essential.
- Proven experience of operating within a global organisation and with an international remit is highly desirable.
- Experience of building relationships with senior stake holders and C-suite will be highly beneficial.
- Positive, easy going and clear communication style is essential.
- You should be future oriented with interest in the digital area, see what is around the corner and be able to translate into potential legal dimensions for the business
- Willing / able to relocate to be based out of Sweden.
What's on Offer
A highly competitive base salary and benefits package.