Global Procurement Category Manager - IT Projects & Programmes
Complete ownership of a multi billion pound spend
Own strategy & vision of a complex area of spend
About Our Client
- My client are a leading FS business with an award winning procurement function.
- The GCM will sit on relevant leadership committees and positively influence appropriate forums of the businesses/ functions.
- Creation of category strategies and plans to achieve or exceed agreed savings targets for the category.
- Driving business outcomes and behaviours with deep subject matter expertise to drive value through the category planning lifecycle.
- Constantly monitoring supplier market and identify opportunities resulting from new product offerings and/or market shifts (e.g. entry or exit of suppliers, changes in pricing, risk on category).
- Seeking alternatives to current category specifications/ demand parameters.
Continually monitoring buying channel compliance for the business/ function with whom they own the Procurement relationship and driving corrective action as necessary.
- Conducting strategic reviews, managing performance review and developing joint account plans with key stakeholders/suppliers.
The Successful Applicant
An experienced procurement professional who is comfortable in ExCo engagement, driving value & strategy planning for large & complex procurement category. The successful post holder should also be comfortable in directing & leading a team to execute defined procurement strategy & approaches.
What's on Offer
- Leading FTSE Business
- Fantastic salary & package
- Be a part of an award winning global function