Global Procurement Manager
The chance to work for an organisation that operates in 29 countries
Working for one of the most highly regarded companies in the NFP sector
About Our Client
The client is a professional body based out of Westminster.
Best Companies has recognised the client with its top 3 Star accolade as a best not-for-profit organisation to work for.
They seek to enforces the highest professional qualifications and standards in the development and management of land, real estate, construction and infrastructure.
The resposnibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Support the global strategic development of procurement
- Planning, creation and execution of global sourcing exercises and category planning
- Review and streamline global procurement policies, processes and controls
- Revise and improve supplier performance and contract management tools
- Embed best practice procurement across the business through education and mentoring
- Leading commercial and contractual negotiations with global suppliers
- Manage relationships with suppliers and drive performance targets/agreements
- Reduce business risk by embedding greater procurement rigour across the organisation
- Line management of Procurement officer
- Lead commercial management, analysis and assessment of suppliers
- Regularly meet with suppliers and perform site visits to develop comprehensive knowledge and insights
- Conduct due diligence and risk assessment of procurement/supplier activities to identify points of vulnerability and devise remedial plans
- Deliver improvements in procurement strategy, execution and commercial results
- Drive the development of the strategic vision for procurement enabling steps to be taken to improve the operations and performance of procurement in line with best practice
- Plan and undertake strategic projects to drive forward improvements in procurement practices e.g. innovation, environment & ethical policies, total cost of ownership
- Manage and plan all sourcing activities in advance of business requirements, liaising as necessary with business functions to ascertain requirements
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have:
- MCIPS Qualification
- Proven financial management capabilities
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Strong demonstrable negotiation and persuasion skills
- Experience in a variety of generalist indirect categories including in depth understanding of end to end processes.
- Excellent internal customer engagement and influencing skills.
- Significant experience sourcing and implementing large-scale business change.
- Analytical and financial understanding of the service cost models and lifetime cost of acquisition.
- Excellent contract negotiation skills to address issues with key suppliers at Exec and Board level.
- A high level of professional stature, with the ability to establish personal credibility quickly with senior internal customers.
- Provide strategic input to develop multiple category areas and constantly look to drive improvements from Procurement.
What's on Offer
On offer for the Candidate is:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- 22 days holiday + 2 weeks off over Christmas
- A matched pension scheme of up to 10%