- Looking for a 12 month FTC?
- Work in Governance and looking for a new challenge?
About Our Client
International non-governmental organisation - 'The employer is committed to creating an inclusive working environment that values diversity and equal opportunities. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds'
a) Chief Executive's office:
· Work closely with the Chief Executive to manage their diary, and co-ordinate preparations for upcoming commitments.
· Liaise with the Chair's office as required.
· To ensure the Chief Executive is well supported by the Secretariat to operate efficiently and effectively.
· Act as alternative POC with the Secretariat.
· Manage external correspondence on behalf of the Chief Executive as required.
· Communicate and follow up on initiatives on behalf of the Chief Executive with SMT and with other colleagues.
· Set up meetings for Chief Executive with high profile officials.
· Organise meetings, venues, conference calls, etc. for the Chief Executive, the SMT group and Advisory Council members.
· Liaise closely with the Operations Team for Chief Executive travel related to meetings and trips.
· Prepare and manage the Chief Executive's expenses claims.
· Undertake other projects and tasks as required by the Chief Executive.
· Support the Chief Executive and Director of Development in the induction process.
· Management of regular SMT meetings and Away Days, including working with the Chief Executive to prepare agendas, take minutes, circulate papers, following up actions on behalf of the Chief Executive, and liaise closely with the other members of the SMT.
· Working with the Chief Executive on all other aspects of internal Secretariat Governance to ensure the Secretariat is well-organised and operates effectively.
· Support the Director of Development in the organising of the bi-annual Audit, Finance and Governance Committee meetings and the production of papers.
· Support the Director of Development in the organising of the bi-annual Trustees Business Meetings and the production of papers.
· Support the Director of Development in organising the quarterly Advisory Council calls, attend the meetings and take minutes.
· Manage the production of the papers for bi-annual Board meetings
· Manage the production of Briefing Books for trips and visits
· Manage signatures and the process of dispatching letters in their name(s).
· Support the Director of Development in preparation of the Chair's notes for the bi-annual board meetings.
The Successful Applicant
· Worked in an executive support role.
· Worked in charity governance.
· Dealt with high-profile and/or international individuals and institutions.
· Confidence, sensitivity and diplomatic skills to interact appropriately with high-profile people and associated demands.
· Ability to multi-task and set priorities, to manage processes and attend to important detail.
· A high level of personal initiative, adaptive, energetic and resilient.
· Good level of knowledge of Word and Excel.
· Excellent written and spoken English.
· A strong personal commitment to the mission and values.
· A flexible style and willingness to work in a small, collaborative team.
What's on Offer
12 month FTC