Graduate Customer Relations Partner (Rent)
A great graduate opportunity with a leading social housing association
Outstanding training and development throughout the scheme
About Our Client
Silva Homes is a vibrant, confident and independent award winning housing association with ambitious plans, backed by strong finances and excellent colleagues. Established in 2008 as a stock transfer association, Silva Homes have added 800 homes to their property portfolio, and are continuing to significantly invest in and improve, their homes and services to customers.
Silva Homes have around 220 employees providing services to 7,500 homes.
- You will, for your patch of circa 500 properties, manage all income recovery activity (including rents, service charges, recharges, costs etc) from current and former customers in rented accommodation which will include carrying out visits in the field.
- You will, for your patch, working collaboratively with the area tenancy team, manage high level / complex income recovery cases until they are resolved through the courts including eviction if necessary.
- You will take ownership of customer queries and see them through to a successful resolution.
- You will, for your patch, use predictive data analytics to direct a range of contacts and early interventions (working collaboratively with area-based tenancy and hub colleagues) to achieve the best balance of digital and personal contact to maximise income recovery.
- You will work collaboratively with the customer relations partner (tenancy) for your patch to identify those customers at high risk of tenancy failure and refer for specialist money advice if necessary.
- You will work collaboratively with the designated customer relations partner (tenancy) for your patch making best use of their local accessibility in ensuring compliance.
- You will support the development of the knowledge bank and scripts to ensure an effective and responsive service for customers.
- You will support our commitment to shift 80% of customer-initiated transactions online.
- You will ensure that you are fully aware of your safeguarding responsibilities.
- You will operate in line with key policies and procedures.
- You will ensure performance and compliance against agreed standards, measures and targets.
- You will look at ways to improve the customer experience and you will be open to new ideas and innovations.
- You will positively support activities that help promote our new culture and behaviours.
The Successful Applicant
Qualifications and other requirements
- Driving license and vehicle
Skills and experiences
- High customer service ethic
- Understands the needs and service requirements of customers and communities
- Understands the sanctions available to us as a landlord in respect of non-payment
- Problem solver
- Good inter-personal skills
- Ability to build excellent internal and external relationships
- Works with high levels of integrity, confidentiality and respect
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good IT skills and understanding of how digital services can help improve the customer experience
- Well organised, self-disciplined
- Flexible and willing to adapt to change
- Willing to work out of hours for service demands
What's on Offer
We provide a wide range of benefits that help us to invest in colleagues and their aspirations, to support them to work in the way they want and that makes sure we recognise, reward and look after our everyone. We are also constantly reviewing this and looking at ways to improve our offer.
Investing in you
- A strong established pension scheme with employer contributions up to 12%
- Support to gain new skills to be at your best
- Investment in qualifications that will help you to develop in your role
- Payment of professional fees and subscriptions
- Uniforms, tools and vehicles for accredited people in trades and supportive housing areas
- Digital devices to help you work where you need to, because we know work and life extends beyond the office
- Free office parking
- Paid volunteering opportunities
- A competitive market salary
- Recognition awards
Looking after you
- 28 days annual leave entitlement
- A rewarding buy and sell leave scheme
- A comprehensive employee assistance programme to provide confidential advice when you need it
- Flu jab vouchers
- Eye care and spectacle vouchers
- Access to various health and well-being activities
- Discounted gym membership option
- Health cash back plan option