- Global business with a solid focus on L&D and career progression
- Could be open to a graduate with a few years experience in procurement
About Our Client
A forward thinking global business with a first class reputation worldwide. This business has a great culture, great career opportunities and enables you to work with the best in their field. With an emphasis on L&D and progression they provide an environment in which you can excel and take your career to the next level.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering best price, time delivery and quality of an array of goods and commodities. This end to end purchasing role will encompass cradle to the grave purchasing and be responsible for:
- Maximise supplier performance to ensure timely supply of raw material with minimal overall delivered cost.
- Work with an array of internal stakeholders to proactively identify and develop capability to support strategic outsourcing opportunities.
- Working with suppliers to ensure KPI targets are met, in terms of On Time Delivery, Quality and Cost.
- Ensuring minimal inventory and increased stock turns,
- Continual improvement throughout the supply chain, from supplier through to final delivery.
- Project management opportunities for cost savings.
- Managing a portfolio of suppliers in terms of cost reductions and KPIs.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will:
- Have previous experience in a purchasing role with sufficient qualifications relating to a career in procurement
- Be target driven and strategic to improve and implement cost savings throughout the supply chain
- Be a strong communicator with the ability to influence both internally and externally
- Have experience working in a fast paced manufacturing environment
What's on Offer
The role offers an attractive salary and benefits and has a broad scope, with the possibility of the business taking on a grad with an industrial placement in a procurement dept