Grocery BDM - Frozen
A unique 6 month FTC to drive a Frozen Vegan / Free From range into the Grocers
A senior BDM to open & land new listings within the fastest growth food category
About Our Client
A world food distributor and brand owner, an successful SME without the 'red tape' of a large corporation. We encourage people to be flexible, to contribute to the company as a whole and to take advantage of the opportunity to learn about other areas of the business.
- To obtain new listings and distribution in Frozen and Chilled categories within targeted accounts working to hit and beat agreed sales and business plan targets.
- Develop and execute agreed strategies to secure business in all targeted retailers.
- Have a complete understanding of the customer's strategy, shopper, needs and requirements.
- Work closely with our Supplier Partners to develop a strong understanding of the market and the products USP vs the competitive set.
- Produce and present customer selling and business presentations which are impactful and concise.
- Working closely with the Senior Brand Manager develop an effective Marketing and Promotional plan for each brand within each customer.
- Develop & deliver robust Account Plans to deliver budgeted sales & profit growth targets.
- "Win the hearts & minds of our customers" by developing great customer relationships.
- "Grow % Margin and have a high level of commercial grip & control on your Accounts.
- Proactively communicating business opportunities / risks with solutions to deliver and produce accurate volume and value forecasts.
- Establish and implement an active contact strategy across the lead accounts to aid delivery of the plan ensuring contact reports are issued post each customer meeting.
- Working cross functionally and proactively with all other departments especially purchasing to ensure timely & accurate stock fulfilment of customer orders and with credit control to ensure customers work within agreed payment terms.
- Have a detailed understanding and demonstrate strong grip and control of P&L within all areas of responsibility.
- Manage all agreed customer investment including promotional monies to maximise the sales and profitability of all new listings.
- Provide a detailed assessment of performance, Opportunities and risks within account responsibilities at monthly sales meetings.
- Be an Ambassador for your accounts within the Empire Bespoke Foods business.
- Demonstrate a high level of rigour in all aspects of internal & external administration.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience of managing and developing new business within Frozen & Chilled categories is essential as is a "hunter" as opposed to "farmer" mentality and a strong existing network in key Grocery customers (Tesco/JS & Waitrose)
- Engaging and unlocking new business with targeted frozen & chilled buyers across key Grocery Multiples.
- Gaining traction and support with key customers with limited category data and marketing investment.
- Operate with a high level of enthusiasm, creativity and effectiveness in all aspects of the role.
- Consistently demonstrate resilience, tenacity and positivity.
- Deliver turnover and profit of nominated customers.
- Be a team member who supports the total business goals and works closely with the other NAMs, especially the Grocery Team.
- Be an effective team player building good working relationships with all internal departments.
- Always demonstrate a clear understanding of your customer's needs.
- Keep on top of all aspects of administration.
- Develop a strong working relationship with Business analysts.
- Respect company values.
What's on Offer
A 6 month FTC with a competitive package.