Group Accountant - First Time Mover from practice
An ideal first move for an ACA/ACCA fully qualified practice trained accountant.
The business is a fast paced and well established Lancashire business.
About Our Client
Our Lancashire based client is looking to expand their finance team following a period of rapid growth.
Specialising in the retail and manufacturing sector, this business is market leader with a good reputation for attracting and maintaining top talent.
The business has a progressive, social and inclusive culture; we are looking for candidates who want to grow with the company.
The ideal candidate will come into the business in this Management Accountant position, and then look to progress quickly through the ranks, working incredibly closely with the Financial Controller.
Our Lancashire client is ideally looking for a candidate that is ready to be an integral part of the business, responsibilities include:
Presenting the accounts to senior stakeholders, providing insightful and commercial reports to the Financial Controller and the Financial Director
- Management, review and control of all costs, providing financial business partnering, support and guidance to departmental heads
- Preparation of month end processing and review of results for central group entities, including forecasts. Month end close process includes journal processing, accruals and prepayments and balance sheet reconciliations
- Budgets - lead the budget process across all business units establishing strong reporting procedures and accurate management information
- Preparation of all UK VAT, Intrastat, EC sales list returns
- Management of Capex process and reporting
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for this role will be:
- ACA/ACCA qualified - Big 4 or top 10 practice trained
- Excellent communication skills - a proven ability to converse with peers and senior leaders
- Sound understanding of financial reporting - up to date with current reporting standards
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Ability to work positively within a change environment and possess change leadership qualities.
- Excellent attention to detail, organised, with strong problem solving skills
- Keen to work in a fast paced, dynamic, growing environment
What's on Offer
This Management Accountant role - First Time Mover - can offer a market leading salary of £36000 - £42000.