Group Accountant - Management information
FTSE 250 Group Accountant
Working for a worldwide leader in Aerospace
About Our Client
Innovation is at the heart of everything we do at Meggitt, a worldwide leader in aerospace, defence and selected energy markets.
We believe in our vision of "Enabling the Extraordinary: To Fly, To Power, To Live". At Meggitt, we truly enable the extraordinary. We're good at what we do and that's why customers come back to us. We are constantly working to improve our processes and performance, striving for excellence.
By working together, we bring extraordinary technology to our customers, building trusted global relationships and successful collaborations through strong teamwork. Our teams are passionate about what we do and how we do it.
We pride ourselves on doing the right thing, in the right way wherever we operate. Our colleagues, customers and the communities we are part of can count on us to act with integrity, honesty and respect.
These core values - teamwork, integrity and excellence - are what have allowed us to become the company we are today. With facilities and over 11,000 employees worldwide, Meggitt draws on over 160 years of expertise to enhance the lives of people across the globe.
Meggitt have invested £130m on the construction of a new manufacturing and office facility at Ansty Park in Coventry. The site will provide a base for 1,000 employees in a world-class aerospace engineering and technology environment. It will also be the new home for Meggitt's Plc global headquarters.
As part of this move the Group finance function will be relocating from Bournemouth to Ansty Park. Meggitt are looking to take this opportunity to develop a world-class group finance function of proud technical specialists to build the success of the future.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of monthly consolidated Group management accounts for the Board
- Preparation of consolidated quarterly reforecasts, annual budget and strategic plan
- Drive efficiencies in data collection and continuous improvement of data quality
- Act as contact for business units requiring management reporting support
- Liaise with the Group's external auditors
- Perform ad hoc data analysis as required
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified accountant
- Strong excel skills
- Highly organised and capable of working to tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills - both written and oral
- Hands-on approach but the ability also to stand back and see the bigger picture
- Previous experience of Group consolidation work, gained in practice and/or industry
- Working SAP knowledge
- BFC experience
Who we are looking for
- Proud Technical Specialists
- Ability to relate openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Able to utilise successes and failures as learning fodder, learning through experimentation and proactive approaches
- Understands the timescales and pathway to transformation and change and flexible in their approach to leading/working through ambiguity
- Builds collaborative relationships and drives engagement
- Nurtures and promotes talent, diversity and innovation
- Open to being based in Bournemouth through the Knowledge Transfer period until 1st March go live in Ansty
What's on Offer