Fantastic opportunity for practice trained, qualified accountant
Opportunity to work for a fast paced, growing PLC business
About Our Client
This Healthcare PLC business is located in Potters Bar and specialises in delivering high quality, personalised care to adults, young people and children. They support individuals with a very wide range of issues including those with learning disabilities, autistic spectrum disorder, sensory impairment, or mental health problems. Having recently gone through an acquisition, the business is rapidly expanding.
The Group Accountant's responsibilities:
- Responsible for the Group's month end financial accounting and Group consolidation.
- Responsible for the production of the financial statements for the Group Annual Report and interim report.
- Responsible for managing the external audit.
- Review of key balance sheet reconciliations.
- Responsible for liaising with external tax advisors on tax matters.
- Liaise with external accountant for the production of all subsidiary statutory accounts (c100).
- To provide relevant and timely financial information to the Executive Board and Senior Leadership Team to enable a balanced and objective assessment of the Group's strategy and objectives.
- To develop and review Finance policies as the need arises and ensure that all Finance policies are adhered to across the Group.
- Take the lead on implementation of new accounting standards (eg IFRS16).
- To work closely with the wider finance and IT teams to improve systems and processes.
- To assist the Group Financial Controller in all ad hoc projects as necessary.
- One direct report (Financial Accountant).
The Successful Applicant
- A qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Experience of delivering in a high pressured environment.
- Experience in dealing with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to communicate with the Board and non-financial individuals alike
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Hands on with a pragmatic, solutions-based approach and a 'can do' attitude.
- Excellent system skills including Excel
What's on Offer
This role will provide the successful Group Accountant with opportunities to gain broad and valuable experience within the finance function of a fast paced growth business. The role will challenge the breadth of the candidate's competencies ranging from technical skills to softer communication skills.