- Great opportunity to get into fashion retail/wholesale
- Stunning offices with a high-calibre, inclusive and collaborative finance team
About Our Client
My client is a privately-owned, global company that owns a number of high-profile, household fashion retail brands. Annual sales circa £1billion+ with 50k+ employees and over 3000 stores combined. My client is headquartered in central London.
The group is continuing to grow and is looking to recruit a Group Accountant into its Group Finance team to help support the expanding financial reporting requirements. The role will include liaison with senior stakeholders within Group Finance and overseas finance teams.
This role is within a small, busy Head Office team where demands vary from day to day, so flexibility in working practices and the ability to react to a variety of ad-hoc situations, either as part of a team or under your own initiative, are essential.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and consolidation of month end Group submissions, including P&L, Balance Sheet, Cashflow Statement, KPIs
- Review and consolidation of year end reporting packages and supporting schedules, liaison with subsidiary finance teams to resolve any queries and ensure timely and accurate financial reporting
- Preparation of Annual Group Consolidated Accounts in accordance with IFRS, including Notes to the Accounts and supporting files
- Preparation of UK holding company subsidiary accounts in accordance with FRS 101
- Key point of contact for external auditors to ensure any issues are resolved on a timely basis and year end reporting deadlines are achieved
- Support further reporting enhancement projects as required
- Ensure open communication between Head Office and local finance teams to ensure smooth month end and annual reporting and timely resolution of issues
- Ad-hoc work as required
The Successful Applicant
The successful Group Accountant will have the following credentials:
- Professional finance qualification - likely ACA from practice firm
- Circa 0-1 years PQE
- Experience working within the retail/wholesale/fashion sector highly desirable
- Experience working with international businesses - IFRS desirable
- Excellent communication skills
What's on Offer
Competitive basic salary + bonus, benefits, stunning offices and flexibility to work from home.