Group Consolidation Accountant
****First move from Accountancy Practice opportunity***
Chance to work for a stable company with career progession
About Our Client
A well respected Services company based in Redhill seeking a Qualified Accountant to undertake a Group Consolidation Accountant opportunity. This opportunity may benefit a candidate wishing to undertake their first job in commerce from an Accountancy practice background.
- Consolidation of monthly group accounts and submission to shareholders within agreed time limits
- Month end accounting for property and holding company subsidiaries including accruals, prepayments, general book keeping and variance analysis.
- Production of group monthly and statutory income statement, balance sheet and cashflow.
- Production of monthly balance sheet reconciliations and journal sign off.
- Quarterly in year Forecasting, Annual budgeting and forward looking 5-year high level forecasts.
- Implementation of business controls and procedures across the finance team.
- Key contact to external auditors for ESH group accounts at half year and year end.
- Consideration of longer-term financing and cash flow requirements.
- Key contact with external credit rating agencies.
- Development and running group month end timetable, procedures, improvement of key financial reporting and system development.
- Producing key deliverables for submission to the Board.
The Successful Applicant
ACA/ACCA Fully qualified - a strong technical background with experience of external financial reporting under IFRS including consolidated accounts
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to communicate well with colleagues at all levels of the business.
- Ability to liaise with other teams to ensure efficient monthly processes.
GCSE Grade C or above in Maths and English, or equivalent
Strong communication and relationship management skills, maintaining and building relationships with a variety of key stakeholders
What's on Offer
25 days holiday, generous pension, free parking, subsidised canteen, health care, flextime hours, modern offices, career progression