An excellent expansive role within an International Energy Services Company
Managing a team of 12 staff
About Our Client
An International Energy Services company HQ in Aberdeen.
- Prepare and publish timely and accurate monthly consolidated financial statements and management accounts. Improve the quality of financial information produced throughout the Group.
- Manage the full year accounting and reporting statutory cycle. Pro-actively managing relationships with the auditors on a global basis.
- Manage and develop the budgeting and forecasting processes. Manage the financial input into the longer-term strategic plans.
- Develop the financial planning, analysis and business partnering support within the Group.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Coordinate global tax compliance so that Finance works with the business to ensure global tax optimization.
- Liaise with external advisors and authorities.
- Manage the treasury function for the Group including managing relationships and covenant requirements with banks and shareholders.
- Be the key technical accounting and business practice resource for finance and operational teams
- Management of the cash forecasting process. Help drive maximization of cash.
- Help drive a consistent global approach to the use and reporting of the ERP system.
The Successful Applicant
- Several years post qualification experience.
- Proven track record within a Group Financial Controller or Head of Finance role - ideally within a complex environment on a global scale.
- Ideally prior experience of the oil & gas sector or similar industry.
- Ideally experience within private equity.
- Strong technical accounting skills. Enjoys being technically up to date with the ability to roll this knowledge out to the business.
- Significant experience of managing budgets, forecasts, financial analysis and business partnering
- Proven background in maintaining strong financial processes, risk and governance.
- Strong evidence of managing tax and treasury at a multi-geography level.
- Good experience of managing auditors, advisors, banks and investors.
- Excellent trainer and communicator.
- Confident, driven and ambitious, but a down to earth individual.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Excellent ERP experience. Strong MS Office skills.
What's on Offer
A very competitive salary is on offer for a the successful candidate. There is a plan in place for the successful candidate to become the FD in time.