Group Finance Manager
£60,000 - £70,000
Full ownership of accounting and reporting for an International business
The opportunity to join an international organisation
About Our Client
A global manufacturer based in Manchester
- Lead the financial accounting and reporting processes, with accurate final trial balances at month ends under IFRS basis to the timely submission of monthly financial statements for group consolidation.
- Lead the closing of the month end close process and drive improvement in the month end processes targeting delivery of an earlier reporting close.
- Drive improvement in the Balance Sheet reviews by doing monthly risks and opportunities reviews and providing clear visibility of these risks and opportunities to Group Financial Controller
- Responsible for detailed accounting of financial instruments in PLC's accounts and the correct reporting of Interest costs and FX impact in the group accounts.
- Responsible for the year end and half year end group audit
- Act as the main point of contact with external auditors in the audit processes both for the group audit and the local entities' audits, ensuring full support to auditors until close out meeting with the auditors.
- Manage the completion of tax reporting packs and ensuring group tax is accurately reported.
- Lead the PLC entity's Statutory Accounts published in the Group Annual Report.
- Responsible for the Group Provisions process, both exceptional and non exceptional, on monthly basis as reported in the Board Pack and annually as published in the Group Annual Report.
- Lead all local Statutory Accounts- reviewing preparation of the Statutory Accounts, attending close out meetings with the local auditors, ensuring Statutory Accounts are signed off by auditors with clean audit reports and ahead of the Group's banking covenants.
- Responsible for integrity of distributable reserves across the entities, ensuring dividends paid are backed up by robust reserves and any risk areas are addressed with relevant FLT/ ELT members and auditors.
- Lead on implementation of legal entity representation letters across the group to provide ELT with assurance on the robustness of the entity's financial statements leading into the Group Annual Report.
- Manage the group management recharge process and advising on system improvements to align to the Tax transfer pricing policy.
- Manage all VAT, Corporation Tax and local tax submissions across the entities in scope.
The Successful Applicant
- Must be a Qualified Accountant with strong audit background.
- Must have strong IFRS and European GAAP knowledge.
- Ideally will have strong Corporation tax and VAT knowledge across European legislations.
- At least 5 years of leadership experience in a highly dynamic financial accounting and reporting environment with international remit.
- Full IFRS knowledge and ability to advise on impact on group with changes in standards, eg, FRS 101 in UK.
- Full accounting knowledge on specialist areas specific to the business
- Full experience of group consolidation of financial statements with different currencies and international specialist areas of VAT and Tax.
- Strong experience working with international and cross-cultural teams.
- Excellent proven track record of leading external audits from start to completion and building required level of trust with the auditors.
- Strong SAP experience and IT literacy with preferably advanced MS Excel skills
What's on Offer
basic between £60,000 and £70,000