Group Financial Accountant in Sheffield
A permanent group financial accountant position in Sheffield.
A varied role within a fantastic finance function.
About Our Client
My client is a UK based construction business with national coverage. They are currently looking to recruit into their group finance team based in Sheffield.
The successful group financial accountant will be responsible for all monthly reporting including management accounts and cash flow forecasting. The role will include leading the financial planning and budgeting processes and is an important position which will involve regular interaction with key stakeholders, both internal and external.
The group financial accountant will be responsible for:
- Accurate production of the monthly management accounts and reporting to tight deadlines. Responsible for monthly balance sheet reporting and perform/review balance sheet reconciliations.
- Project management of the annual budget and quarterly forecast process. Taking full ownership of the accuracy of overhead forecasts and supporting the Heads of Departments in managing and understanding their budgets.
- Management of the Group and subsidiary statutory accounts and tax/VAT compliance. Including the preparation of all statutory accounts and tax filings.
- Critique of existing financial models and the production of new improved financial models for monthly management accounts, cash flow and budget reporting.
- Main external audit contact - ensuring that audited statutory accounts are produced in line with statutory and Board requirements and that the audit process is managed efficiently.
- Additional ad hoc project work.
The Successful Applicant
The successful group financial accountant will be:
* Qualified or newly Qualified.
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build, develop and influence relationships
* Strong financial accounting background, with relevant, up to date technical and analysis skills
* Ability to identify and drive process change and improvement
* Management and motivation of teams through periods of change.
What's on Offer
A permanent group financial accountant role.
A competitive salary and benefits package.
A progressive role within a fantastic group finance team.