Group Financial Accountant
A great opportunity for a qualified accountant to join a multinational business
Excellent role for a first or second time mover into industry
About Our Client
Michael Page Finance are currently working with Tata Chemicals Europe (TCE) in their search for a Group Financial Accountant.
TCE forms part of Tata Chemicals Limited, a multinational group which is quoted on the Mumbai Stock Exchange. The wider Tata group of companies is the largest private employer in the UK and employs more than 600,000 people worldwide
TCE is the UK's sole producer of sodium carbonate (soda ash) and sodium bicarbonate, as well as the market leading producer of white salt. There are exciting times ahead for the different businesses as they embark on major investments across all their manufacturing sites in Cheshire to grow the businesses and deliver high quality products to an increasingly diverse group of customers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing the month end close and intercompany consolidation process in accordance with group deadlines.
- Preparing monthly consolidated financial accounts, and associated reports for the UK Group under International Financial Reporting Standards, and conversion to Indian accounting standards for Tata Chemicals Limited group consolidation.
- Preparing annual statutory accounts for each of the UK companies, including UK consolidations.
- Reviewing and reporting on transfer pricing regulations in accordance with both HMRC and India/OECD requirements as necessary.
- Managing the Corporation Tax process, completing tax packages to support the outsourced production of UK corporation tax computations.
- Providing technical expertise and support all related tax planning and risk management processes and initiatives.
- Undertaking as required, technical accounting research or related matters, as directed by India GFO, external audits, or internal TCE projects.
- Support the Group Financial Controller in managing internal audit and risk processes, including the assessment of financial control weaknesses mitigating controls.
The Successful Applicant
What kind of person are we looking for?
- You will be ACA / ACCA or equivalent qualified with manufacturing or similar industry experience
- Be experienced in consolidation and statutory accounts prep, ideally IFRS
- Have exposure to audit.
- Ideally you will have a working knowledge of corporation tax computations
What's on Offer
- Salary: £42,000
- 29 days + Bank Holidays
- Defined Contribution pension - Up to maximum of 9% employer contribution if employee contributes 7%
- 5 x salary life assurance with the pension
- Aviva Private Healthcare Scheme for individual cover, with the option to upgrade to family cover
- Long-term EBITDA related bonus scheme.