Group Financial Accountant
Fast growth, PE backed SME
Exposure to FP&A and project work beyond Financial Accounting
About Our Client
Liberation Group are a £100mill t/o market leading pub, restaurant and drinks business. Well established in Jersey and Guernsey, the business acquired Butcombe Brewery in 2015 to grow their footprint in the UK and the brand continues to represent the growth opportunity that Liberation Group are realising in the South West.
Following a very successful few years and with continued PE support, the current 5-year plan for the business is to continue to drive growth through acquisition, with an appetite for further pub acquisitions and a target to double turnover to £200mill. As well as adding to their tenanted and owner managed portfolio, Liberation Group will continue to drive sales through their wholesale and distribution channels.
This is a newly created role as a Group Financial Accountant offering the opportunity for a strong technical accountant, with a background in financial accounting and reporting, to work closely with the wider business and gain exposure to FP&A and project work to broaden their finance skills.
This role will report directly to the CFO of Liberation Group and will be tasked with:
- Group treasury management including bank account and mandate management
- Provision of consolidated daily, weekly and monthly management information
- Preparation of group consolidated budget from divisional submissions, challenging results where appropriate
- Production of divisional and group consolidated statutory accounts
- Ensure adequate financial controls and reconciliations across the group
- Ensure reporting functions and responses to ad hoc requests for financial related information are appropriately delivered
- Liaising with external stakeholders such as auditors, lenders, corporate tax advisors and investors
The Successful Applicant
The successful Group Financial Accountant, as well as meeting the criteria below, must believe in the ethos of the Group. It is important to find someone who believes in the products and environments they create, as much as the business strategy.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with a minimum of 2 years PQE
- Strong technical accounting skills, including statutory accounting and an understanding of corporate tax
- Strong ability to implement and monitor internal controls
- Ability to look beyond the archetypal Financial Accountant duties, crossing over with FP&A to provide commercial insight and challenging divisional results where appropriate
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Previous experience in a group accountant role
- Experience of Microsoft Navision and Jet Reports, or use of similar systems
- Previous experience managing banking partner relationships
What's on Offer
The role is offering between £50,000-60,000 + Benefits
Please note that all applications will be managed by Michael Page. Any CVs or applications that are sent directly to Liberation Group by an applicant or agency will be forwarded to and processed by Page Group.