Group Financial Accountant
A broad, technical, senior role in a public sector organisation in Derbyshire
This role is made for an IFRS lover: a UK-GAAP wiz!
About Our Client
Currently partnering with a public sector organisation in the Derbyshire area who is looking to appoint a Group Financial Accountant to oversee the entire Financial Accounts function. This role is made for an IFRS lover: a UK-GAAP wiz!
- Produce the company accounts
- Produce the company board reports
- Subsidiary Capital plans
- Forecasting and cashflow
- Manage the Financial and Management accounts function
- Preparation of Group consolidated interim and full year financial results
- Preparation of statutory accounts for UK based business units
- Support the transition to any new accounting requirements
- Maintain the Group's Finance Policies and Procedures Manual
- Act as contact for business units for technical accounting guidance
- Liaise with the Group's external auditors Monitoring and analysing variances in group performance against budget, prior year and forecast
- Accurate production of the monthly management accounts and reporting to tight deadlines.
- Critique of existing financial models and the production of new improved financial models for monthly management accounts, cash flow and budget reporting.
- Ad hoc project work
The Successful Applicant
The Successful Applicant:
- Will demonstrate professionalism, credibility and the attention to detail within a complex and changing organisation
- Will deliver timely and accurate financial information, but also to react to Group and divisional changes and requirements.
- Will have a strong technical background ideally from the Big 4 or Top 10 with a professional qualification (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Have financial accounting experience in another international group accounting function
- Demonstrate detailed knowledge of IFRIC, IFRS. SORP, SSAP, IAS, UK GAAP etc.
- Have great personal skills
- Communicate with confidence and credibility at all levels
What's on Offer
£50,000-£60,000 plus benefits