Group Financial Controller
Exceptional Financial Controller position with an acquisitive energy group, EPH
EP UK Investments are a long term strategic investor in the energy sector
About Our Client
EP UK Investments was established in 2014 as the platform for expanding the EPH group into the UK Energy Market. EPUKI has grown rapidly in the UK having acquired 3 further power generating assets over the last 3 years and with a dynamic strategic plan in place for further acquisitions.
EPH is an operations-orientated investor with a strong background in pursuing growth opportunities across the energy sector. With more than 50 companies across 6 countries, and 25,000 employees, EPH have established a solid track record of continued organic and acquisitive growth.
With a significant, operating platform in the UK, EPUKI's strategic focus is to establish a tier 1 position in the UK power generation market. The UK team has the objective of achieving substantial further growth, through acquisitions and investment in construction of new build generation assets.
Reporting to the London based Director of Finance, the Group Financial Controller will play a key part in the Yorkshire based senior leadership team, offering financial leadership and guidance.
Key responsibilities include;
- Oversight and governance of business reporting, ensuring strong financial controls over expenditure, reporting, hedging, budgeting and cash management.
- Coordination of the UK group's annual business planning processes and in year re-forecasts.
- Development of the UK group's Financial Planning & Analysis function, in order to provide robust, quality Management Information to the business and influence strategic decisions taken.
- Enhancement of existing finance processes, IT systems and procedures to ensure efficient integration of acquisitions and implementation of best practice are achieved.
- Key member of the senior leadership team based in Yorkshire with autonomy to lead the UK Group finance function on a day to day basis.
- Leading and developing the Shared Services finance team in Yorkshire, together with the asset specific finance teams remotely.
- Overseeing the execution of tax strategy at UK level and tax compliance activities at asset-level operations groups.
- Liaising with Group finance to ensure alignment with group objectives and reporting.
- Assisting with financing activities as required.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will be ACA qualified, preferably from a Big 4 firm and with a demonstrable track record in developing robust financial controls and effective leadership from within a high growth environment.
- Blue chip, mid-sized group or high growth entity experience.
- Strong technical knowledge of accounting standards and Tax.
- Trusted senior team member of corporate finance leadership team.
- Evidence of experience in special projects. Eg.IT systems implementation and integration's.
- Knowledge of systems SAP, Hyperion preferred.
- Strong leadership skills including a sense of personal ownership, commitment and accountability. With a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience.
- The ability to provide clear direction and inspire confidence with a view to delivering results and quick action.
- Team-oriented; excellent interpersonal skills and able to develop collaborative relationships at all levels in the organisation.
- Ability to balance delegation with being "hands on" and close to the business.
- Track record of building strong, adaptable, proactive teams.
- A history of developing talent and creating environments where employees develop their capacity to meet challenges in an increasing complex business context.
- A strong mentor, who is able to provide direction and coaching to more junior team members.
- Strong instincts for finance team department operations.
- Diligent approach to process and controls.
- Able to self-direct and prioritise activities in the context of the business.
- Positive outlook with a simple, open communication style.
- Able to act as a strong internal diplomat and create effective relationships at Business Unit and Corporate level.
- A self-motivated individual thriving in a dynamic work environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
What's on Offer
£85,000 - £100,000 pa + attractive package