Group Financial Controller
Group Financial Controller required for a growing AIM Technology business
Exciting opportunity to join the business as it transitions into its next phase
About Our Client
As the right-hand person to the CFO, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the smooth operation of the finance function. As an AIM-listed, multi-currency, company with JV accounting, major projects in development and ongoing licensing/service revenues and an expected steep growth curve over the next 5 years, you will be involved in lots of interesting, challenging and evolving parts of the business from an accounting perspective, whilst building an experienced team in the UK that can provide the support and services needed by a cutting edge business. This will involve people, processes, systems and more exposure to the end-to-end business model as it develops.
- Preparation of the statutory accounts for an AIM listed company.
- Preparation of the consolidated group accounts, budgets, forecasting and group reporting/management account packs.
- Leading the work liaising with external Auditors.
- Providing technical accounting guidance and support to all company entities and their local management. At times, this may include involvement in due diligence from third parties surrounding JV's/acquisitions/dispositions.
- Management of international taxation matters and liaising with international taxation advisors to ensure all tax planning and filings (UK, US statutory & Group) are maintained.
- Maintaining international banking relationships.
The Successful Applicant
- Practice trained qualified (ACA/ACCA) Accountant.
- Minimum of 10 years experience outside the profession, in particular holding a senior position within a finance function in a commercial corporate setting.
- AIM company or public company statutory reporting experience.
- Experience as a company director and managing an international team.
- Strong communication skills.
- Multi-site team management experience.
- Understanding of US Gaap desirable.
- You will be a hands on individual who is happy to roll their selves up with a proven track record of implementing strong controls to help develop this growing business.
What's on Offer
A competitive salary and package. Currently due to covid the role will be based remotely and in the future there will be opportunities for flexibility working solutions with some international travel.