Group Financial Controller
Opportunity to work for a growing international business
About Our Client
Our client is an established and successful brand, with global operations and a strong and impressive product portfolio. They are looking for a driven and ambitious candidate to develop the accounting team and improve processes within the team to offer the business detailed and robust financial insight.
This is a broad and varied role for an experienced senior finance candidate. Leading the finance team through successful mentoring and development this role will be pivotal in setting the culture of continuous and effective process improvements.
- Manage and drive improvements in the payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable functions
- Lead the month end close ensuring deadlines are met
- Maintain all financial control
- Review and approve all month end reconciliations and control accounts
- Prepare timely and accurate monthly management accounts and reports for the Board, Executive Team and UK and Ireland management teams
- Effectively manage the working capital components of the Group, and in particular accounts receivable, cash, accounts payable and taxes
- Produce statutory accounts and tax returns for the Group and its various subsidiaries as and when required in accordance with the relevant accounting principles and jurisdictional legislation
- Undertake the annual audit and prepare the statutory financial accounts, in IFRS
- Assist Financial Planning and Analysis team to prepare rolling forecasts of profit/loss, balance sheets and cash flows
- Support Financial Planning & Analysis to Identify key non-financial metrics, develop the systems and processes to capture the information and report on these in line with business strategies
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will possess strong interpersonal and presentation skills. Managing the relationship with the Group auditors as well as external advisors, bankers and other stakeholders. You will be able to demonstrate a positive, engaging, hardworking approach and exhibit the company values of customer focus, results driven, teamwork, respect and integrity. You will be confident in developing and mentoring large diverse teams with differing needs to the best of their abilities.
You will be a technically strong qualified accountant, with sound practical knowledge of IFRS, financial reporting and a strong Tax background would be highly desirable. Ideally you will have worked in a large matrix organisation and taken a finance team through transformation, change and process improvement.
You will possess a strong academic track record and be able to demonstrate an accomplished, confident communication style and able to influence at all levels within a business. A self-starter with a 'can do' attitude, able to operate in an autonomous, hands-on environment is essential, as is the ability to develop and manage a small team and business partner effectively. Hyperion and ERP systems experience would also be highly desirable.
What's on Offer