- An opportunity to join a business at the forefront of industrial technology.
- High Performance Culture & Values of Teamwork, Integrity and Excellence
About Our Client
Michael Page are working exclusively with a fellow FTSE 250 constituent as they seek to add a Senior Group FP&A Analyst to their team based in Coventry.
The business in question has an established trading history stretching beyond 150 years providing the best technology, products and service to a global customer base.
- Provide month end analysis of divisional results and creation of clear, insightful management information for senior management.
- With the Head of FP&A, develop and expand the organisations budgeting and financial forecasting process; deliver, with the wider FP&A team, the Group's annual budget and long term financial plan.
- Interpret consolidated forecast numbers, including analysis of individual submitted forecasts to help brief senior management on key issues around delivery of current year financial commitments. Be confident in presenting to senior management, including CFO and CEO
- Deliver rigorous assessment of value delivery on company's intangible R&D investments; challenge divisional requests for R&D capex. Provide business partnering to selected programme investments
- Key point of contact for two of the Group's Divisions; commercial review of Divisional performance; help identify the key issues and their possible resolution ensuring, with the wider FP&A team, the Group CFO is appropriately briefed ahead of business reviews
- Critically review and help deliver radical change in existing processes, models and deliverables. Be comfortable working with senior management in areas outside of personal expertise to develop roadmaps for change
- Support SVP Investor Relations at quarterly and half year reporting cycles, delivering to external reporting deadlines, and developing analysis to support investor engagement
- Drive project-specific analysis and finance support in areas such as M&A, finance transformation and major capital investment programmes.
The Successful Applicant
- 5+ years of Post Qualification Experience (PQE)
- Qualified accountant (CIMA/ACA/ACCA or equivalent)
- Thorough understanding and experience of standard accounting concepts, practices, procedures and compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Knowledge of accounting, financial reporting and financial analysis acquired through related work experience
- Ability to analyse and translate complex data into easily understandable information and make recommendations using analytical expertise to solve complex problems
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Presentation skills
- Ability to influence stakeholders, both within and outside of finance
- Always actively looks for ways to improve themselves and the business
- Is unafraid of radical change and expects self and others to continuously improve
- Well-organised, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently and prioritise duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
- Strong prioritising skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and database management tools
What's on Offer
HEALTH Dental Plan
Cycle to Work
Health Cash Plan
Company Sick PayWEALTH Income Protection
Pension Scheme - Workplace Savings Plan
Share OwnershipLIFE Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Family Friendly Policies
Annual Leave - 25 Days Holiday