- Highly Inclusive Organisation
- Hybrid working policy
About Our Client
Kingfisher plc is an international home improvement company with over 1,470 stores, supported by a team of 82,000 valued colleagues. The business operates in eight countries across Europe under retail banners including B&Q, Castorama, Brico Dépôt, Screwfix, TradePoint and Koçtaş. The business offers home improvement products and services to consumers and trade professionals via stores and e-commerce channels. Kingfisher believes a better world starts with better homes and it looks to help make better homes accessible for everyone. Kingfisher is determined become the leading home improvement company and grow the largest community of home improvers in the world.
Kingfisher's Responsible Business strategy focuses on the four priorities where it can best use its experience, scale and influence to bring about positive change for its customers, supply chain, society and beyond.
- Colleagues - Becoming a more inclusive company
- Planet - Becoming Forest Positive and helping to tackle climate change
- Customers - Helping to make greener, healthier homes affordable
- Communities - Fighting to fix bad housing
As the Group Head of Product Quality, you will lead the product quality team in the end-to-end development and manufacture of safe & compliant products that meet our customers' expectations in terms of quality and performance.
You will provide outstanding leadership to your team where your colleagues will feel empowered to be themselves, to feel at home, to build new skills and to progress in their careers with Kingfisher.
Further responsibilities will include;
- Leading and Collaborating with the Product Quality team in the delivery of Kingfisher quality specifications which meet customer expectations of performance, safety, quality, sustainability
- Providing direction in the origination, accuracy and clarity of product requirements, specifications and compliance requirements, group quality policies & procedures
- Leading by example to embed best working practices and communications with category, range, design and sourcing teams
- Maintaining product quality by enforcing quality assurance policies and procedures and government requirements; collaborating with others to develop new product and engineering designs and manufacturing and training methods
- Collaborating effectively to deliver business objectives with key cross functional partners including category range teams, design, brand, packaging, sustainability, sourcing,
- Supporting the development and implementation of Group Quality strategy objectives
- Evolving quality processes to meet current and future needs while not compromising product quality and safety and always being passionate about the customer and their experience in all markets
- Post-sale management of product quality related queries and issues, including returns/ faulty good reporting and product recalls/WFS. Analysis and reporting of product performance data to identify appropriate actions to improve product quality, reduce returns and increase customer satisfaction.
- Management of product quality team including setting & monitoring progress and carrying out performance reviews and managing development and training needs for the team.
- Create and nurture a product development mindset within quality to support OEB product delivery
- Optimise resources (people, materials, time) and develop processes which deliver with flexibility
The Successful Applicant
As the Group Head of Product Quality you will be leading a team of 4 'head of' direct reports and indirectly a team of 40+ people. You will be a proven and highly effective leader, preferably in a matrix environment.
Further selection criteria will include, but not be limited to;
- Proven track record of leading a quality team in a product development environment, potentially in a retail or FMCG industry and with experience of leading teams in a global matrix across different locations in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent track record of people leadership and development.
- Detailed knowledge and practical understanding of regulatory requirements
- Commercially astute, understanding of costs and impact on product
- Ability to move between strategic, tactical and operational levels
- Good understanding of production
What's on Offer
In addition to joining a world class organisation with a strong focus on being a highly responsible organisation, you will receive a highly competitive salary, fantastic benefits and plenty of opportunities to stretch and grow your career.
Kingfisher offers an inclusive environment, where what you can achieve is limited only by your imagination! The business will encourage new ideas, actively support experimentation, and strive to build an environment where everyone can be their best self.
Kingfisher is adopting a hybrid approach with some office and some home working (on average 40% in the office). Your primary office location will be Southampton with further occasional travel abroad.