Group Maintenance Manager
*Excellent Opportunity to build a harmonised culture
*Exceptional role for someone to challenge staus quo
About Our Client
Michael Page Engineering and Manufacturing are working in Partnership with BMI Group to recruit a Head of Maintenance. BMI Group is part of the Standard Industries family of companies.Standard Industries is a global industrial company with interests in building materials and related investment businesses. Besides BMI Group, their companies include GAF, North America's largest and most advanced residential and commercial roofing manufacturer. Together, they are the largest roofing and waterproofing business in the world. BMI Group was established following the coming together of Braas Monier and Icopal. The combined heritage of these two groups represents a rich history of delivering roofing and waterproofing excellence to customers and brings together some of the biggest and most trusted names in their industry.
BMI Group are a market leader and their expertise and innovations are bringing advantages in sustainability, performance and architectural design to residential, commercial, public sector and infrastructure construction projects.
Reporting directly into the National Operations Director this role is an unrivalled engineering management opportunity, and an essential part of the BMI senior management team. The role will be tasked with building a robust maintenance / engineering discipline whilst implementing Group SOP's including TPM and World Class processes across plant and equipment. Working closely with the Plant Managers across 6 sites, it is essential that there is a proactive approach to manufacturing instilled at all levels, with responsibility for the development of both plant, parts and personnel.
Alongside maintenance and management responsibility the Head of Maintenance will have full autonomy for a wide range projects as well as leadership expectation above and beyond the engineering function. There will also be an expectation to contribute to best practice and knowledge share initiatives across all 12 sites in the UK and Europe
Other responsibilities include:
- Provide technical leadership to exploit the opportunities presented by new and emerging technologies working alongside the current UK Engineering team
- Provide strategic and operational leadership for engineering and maintenance teams across all sites
- Develop plans for the implementation of best practice.
- Liaise with external best practice and industry experts to keep pace with the latest thinking and practice.
- Creation and implementation of shared / centralised spare parts where this makes sense for the business
The Successful Applicant
The successful BMI Head of Maintenance will possess the following attributes:
- Degree educated in an engineering related discipline (or equivalent qualification/experience).
- 5 years' minimum experience in engineering leadership role in the a high volume or industrial industry
- Proven Track record in multi-site management
- A proven track record in a safety first culture is an advantage
- Exceptional Communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong business knowledge and ability to interface with manufacturing organization
- Outstanding leadership acumen
- A proven skill set in delivering TPM / World Class and other continuous improvement initiatives
What's on Offer
The successful Head of Maintenance will be remunerated with a competitive salary and a management package