Group Procurement Buyer
A newly created procurement opportunity in a fast growing FMCG business
Must have buying experience within the manufacturing or FMCG industry.
About Our Client
Our client is a consumer FMCG business, based in North West London, who are the absolute market-leaders at what they do.
They create a personal product that is tailor made for each customer, using only the best material that is long lasting and the highest quality. They are the absolute market-leaders at what they do. They create products that are some of the most well known available, using only the best material that is long lasting and the highest quality.
This role will be to manage the procurement of manufacturing materials categories. It will be vital that you are able to work to negotiate on major contracts with suppliers, as well as having day to day working with internal stakeholders. The role will also include:
- Strategic responsibility for raw material buying.
- Manage relationships with high level suppliers and develop new relationships with new suppliers
- Work closely with key stakeholder such as supply chain, finance, marketing, quality and various external suppliers
- Track and report key financial information such as spend and material costs
- Provide and oversee the provision of a comprehensive range of procurement advice to managers and staff
The Successful Applicant
Category Buyer requirements
- 3-5 years' experience in procurement processes & commercial contracts management
- Track record of successful negotiations
- Project Management experience
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An analytical and problem-solving mind-set
- Excellent interpersonal skills required
What's on Offer
Based in NW London
- Yearly bonus (non contractual)
- Flexible working
- Funded wellbeing - including discounted gyms, yoga and bootcamps in the office
- Healthcare, dental and life assurance
- Workplace pension scheme
- Season ticket loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Mental health and wellbeing support available 24/7
- Coffee machine and fresh fruit in the office
- 25 days of holiday a year (excluding public holidays) increasing each year up to 30