Group Projects Contract & EPC Procurement Manager
Prestigious role within a market leading industry specialist.
Global remit with a high performing, multi award nominated Procurement function
About Our Client
URENCO was established in 1971 and operates in a pivotal area of the nuclear fuel supply chain which ends with the sustainable generation of electricity for consumers around the world. URENCO uses world-leading centrifuge technology to provide the uranium enrichment services our customers need to generate low carbon nuclear energy.
Please note that any direct applications and third party submissions will come directly to Michael Page for review.
The primary purpose of this role is to evolve and enhance URENCO's project delivery capabilities across a global footprint stretching over four operational sites and a number of business activities. Its remit stretches from project procurement strategies through supplier selection and contract development to post award contracts and claim management.
The role will include the following key responsibilities:
Procurement Strategy Development:
Working closely with the key internal stakeholders to detail the key success criteria, priorities and imperatives for the project and devise an appropriate supply chain and procurement strategy which delivers these requirements.
You will assume responsibility for the creation and operational leadership of teams to deliver the Procurement Strategy and project requirements including post contract award performance management.
You will ensure at all times that strategy and execution of project requirements is considered in the wider URENCO context and will leverage and inform existing category plans.
The Successful Applicant
URENCO are looking for highly motivated change orientated individuals who can contribute to the development of the organisations procurement capability.
Candidates can expect to be given full autonomy to deliver their strategic agenda in a demanding business which constantly strives to be the best, and is uncompromising in its delivery of safe, sustainable, secure services to its customers.
The successful candidate will demonstrate experience and demonstrable track record in:
- Analysing project requirements and developing critical success factors, translating these into bespoke Procurement Strategies
- Delivering commercial capital procurement experience in comparable capital intensive industry
- Developing and implementing cost predictability Procurement Strategies that minimise the likelihood of claims from Contractors
- Managing ambiguity and being confident to take accountability for creating a governance model, resource plan and deliver plan to meet the project requirements
- Managing complex contractual relationships including the provision of free-issue materials, technology or IP and will be able to demonstrate a proven track record in managing suppliers to deliver within this context
- Awarding and managing (typically EPC) contracts in the range of/up to c£500m.
- Building teams of highly performing professionals, convey the strategy and build a team accountable for delivery of the project
- Developing unique and bespoke fit-for-purpose commercial models for teams to deliver the appropriate outcomes for the project and have proven track record of performance management.
- Experience in the development of contacts to mitigate risk to URENCO in line with procurement strategy and be experienced in delivering best value for money procurement
- Setting standards for documentation management, knowledge management and administration which ensures suppliers meet their contractual obligations, and URENCO interests are fully protected throughout the contract lifecycle.
What's on Offer
A competitive executive package and a career with a truly progressive and world class procurement function