- My client has grown 25% year-on-year for the last 2 year.
- Market leaders for their sector and were vital in the fight against COVID
About Our Client
My Logistics & Distribution client in West London are the market leaders for their sector. They have grown 25% year-on-year for the last two years and expect to post that same figure again for the coming year. They were recently acquired by THE LARGEST logistics company in world and are closing in on a £1 billion pound valuation. They were vital in the fight against COVID and made the mass distribution of the COVID vaccine possible.
The purpose for the Group Revenue Accountant for this Logistics & Distribution company in West London is to work with the Group Commercial Accounting Manager, FP&A team, and others within wider group to ensure that the required quality of service is provided to the business from the Commercial Accounting function.
To be the Commercial Accounting owner of total Revenue (internal and external billing), Duties and taxes billing, both P&L and balance sheet aspects.
To be the natural go-to person for those in the business needing to understand Sales Revenue and duties and taxes.
To be the central coordinator of/ go-to person for completion of all business statistical returns globally.
To ensure that all processes and tasks in this area of responsibility are developed in line with the evolving needs of the business.The key responsibilities for the Group Revenue Accountant for this Logistics & Distribution company in West London is:
- To be the single point of contact for all revenue accounting queries including revenue actual and accruals.
- Interact with Billing Services to follow up on duty billing and ensure it is promptly billed.
- Working within the finance teams on all related revenue (internal and external revenue), rebates and Duties/taxes Finance month end tasks including prepayments and accruals, to month end timetable
- Completion of balance sheet reconciliations; involvement in monthly Balance Sheet Review process
- The provision of analysis to branch/regional heads; integrating with central functions and operations
- Working with the FP&A Team on annual budgets and forecasts
- Manage/coordinate the completion and submission of all statistical returns to in-country authorities globally.
- Proactive thinker for improving process and driving efficiencies.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Group Revenue Accountant for this Logistics & Distribution company in West London will have:
- logistics experience desirable
- a hands-on working knowledge of general ledger accounting and balance sheet reconciliations
- experience of working in a large international business or group
- comfortable working in a complex multi-currency business environment
- computer literate with strong systems experience/capability; experience of Oracle Cloud advantageous
- an excel model developer; has developed MS Excel skills.
- SQL knowledge desirable.
- a confident performer in this area with progressive outlook; able to communicate effectively at all levels
- an individual with the technical skills and personal approach to carry the respect of colleagues and senior management
- capable of planning, organising and prioritising workload to tight deadlines
- a questioning approach able to take the initiative, challenge the status quo and identify improvements
- comfortable working in a rapidly growing change/development-oriented environment.
- MUST BE FULLY QUALIFIED
What's on Offer
You will get a competitive salary, generous compensation package and the opportunity to develop professional skills and develop your career.