- FTSE 250 company
- Great career progression
About Our Client
Our client is a leading FTSE 250 construction business that is headquartered in Newcastle.
The postholder's responsibilities will be:
- Evolve the internal audit methodology in line with good practice and to ensure the needs of the business continue to be met.
- Develop risk based internal audit plans to support and add value to the business.
- Coordinate other assurance activity across the business and maintain a Group-wide assurance map.
- Deliver risk and internal audit reviews across the business as necessary, ensuring findings are accurate, agreed with management and appropriately reported.
- Monitor findings and action plans to ensure appropriately remediated by the business.
- Assist in the preparation of reports for the Audit Committee.
- Identify good practice and share across the business to ensure process improvement and organisational efficiencies.
- Maintain an on-going awareness of developments in corporate governance affecting audit practices.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with other Group functions and the divisions.
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified accountant - ACA/CA/ACCA
- Experience of reviewing and analysing systems, processes and controls
- Knowledge of audit techniques
- Internal audit experience within industry
Please note, that while the team are currently working remotely, once restrictions lift this position will be office-based, with some flexible working. Additionally, the business is unable to offer sponsorship for international candidates.
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary c.£45,000-60,000
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance